Cosmo3D and VRML2.0

Post by John McLaughli » Thu, 11 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had done any work with Cosmo3D and
file format (.csb) which I assume works and some VRML loading
code which I assume is either broken or 1.0 only (it doesn't say).

Has anyone made use of the VRML2.0 parsers available to read/write
Cosmo3D as VRML? I understand there is a one-to-one mapping
between the node types of Cosmo3D and VRML2.0 so it shouldn't
be that hard.

Email CC appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-John McLaughlin

Cosmo3D and VRML2.0

Post by Mike Kru » Thu, 11 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> I was wondering if anyone had done any work with Cosmo3D and
> file format (.csb) which I assume works and some VRML loading
> code which I assume is either broken or 1.0 only (it doesn't say).

> Has anyone made use of the VRML2.0 parsers available to read/write
> Cosmo3D as VRML? I understand there is a one-to-one mapping
> between the node types of Cosmo3D and VRML2.0 so it shouldn't
> be that hard.

well it's not that simple (even with the tools kindly given away by SGI) and
managing the runtime event model is even worse. Cosmo3D can help because
a similar event model is build in to the library (by connecting fields
together). However, there's still a lot of work to do.

OpenWorlds (http://www.openworlds.com) have just brought out a VRML loader
for Optimizer. This will load VRML scenes only, no runtime model is
provided yet. The complete Optimizer based browser they are working on
should do that. They have a complete line of products which can help you
include VRML into your applications. I have been using their library to
build a VRML browser using Cosmo3D/Optimizer for the last 4 months.

Hope this helps,

Mike

--

  /     //  _    __  ___     EdF/DER/IMA/TIEM/CAO       Tel: +33 1 47 65 39 10
 /-  --//- / |  /   /  /     1, av du Gle de Gaule      Fax: +33 1 47 65 34 24

1. Cosmo3D and VRML2.0

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had done any work with Cosmo3D and
file format (.csb) which I assume works and some VRML loading
code which I assume is either broken or 1.0 only (it doesn't say).

Has anyone made use of the VRML2.0 parsers available to read/write
Cosmo3D as VRML? I understand there is a one-to-one mapping
between the node types of Cosmo3D and VRML2.0 so it shouldn't
be that hard.

Email CC appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-John McLaughlin

2. Negative scanner question

3. vrml2(wrl) to optimizer/cosmo3d(csb)

4. OpenGL & Matrox Millanium

5. Recommendation Delphi & OpenGL

6. convert from VRML2 to VRML1

7. Organic 3D models in DXF, VRML2.0, RDS,3DMF

8. Vrml2 converter

9. vrml2 to vrml1?

10. VRML2 to IV convertor

11. 611.zip its computation way is better than VRML2.0