SoXtClipBoard and SoNode::copy() Iv2.0 question

Post by Paul S. Strau » Wed, 16 Aug 1995 04:00:00

|>  I have these nodekits that are put onto the clipboard then
|>  pasted into another viewer which works fine except that my
|>  kits are derived and I want some of the other data to be
|>  copied along as well.
|>
|>  After looking at Inventor Toolmaker, pg62, I thought I
|>   could put my local field copies in there after I put
|>   a myKit::copy() method in my class.
|>
|>  Unfortunately,  myKit::copy() is never getting called,
|>   and I wanted to know how SoXtClipboard does the copy.
|>   Does it just get the "print" string (for an ASCII file)
|>   and give that to the clipboard?

The SoXtClipboard class just applies a write action to get the
data into the clipboard buffer. You need to make sure that
whatever data is in your kits can be written to files. The
easiest way to do this is to store all the instance data in
fields.

(By the way, check out the new comp.graphics.api.inventor newsgroup.)

----

  Open Inventor Web info in http://www.sgi.com/Technology/Inventor.html

Post by Michael A. Log » Wed, 16 Aug 1995 04:00:00

 I have these nodekits that are put onto the clipboard then
 pasted into another viewer which works fine except that my
 kits are derived and I want some of the other data to be
 copied along as well.

 After looking at Inventor Toolmaker, pg62, I thought I
  could put my local field copies in there after I put
  a myKit::copy() method in my class.

 Unfortunately,  myKit::copy() is never getting called,
  and I wanted to know how SoXtClipboard does the copy.
  Does it just get the "print" string (for an ASCII file)
  and give that to the clipboard?

 Any ideas on how I can get my local fields of my kit
  to copy along with the clipboard.  It doesn't look
  doable.

  Env:   indigo2-extreme, irix5.2, Oiv2.0

 I'm using the SoXtClipBoard method:

    void    copy(SoPathList *pathList, Time eventTime);

  thanks,

 --ml

 +                                                                        +
 + Michael Logan                        NASA/Ames Research Center         +
 + MCAT, Inc.                           MS 227-2                          +

1. vrml97 to iv2.0/iv2.1?

Hello,
I'm looking for a solution to the following:
just _display_ VRML97 under Red Hat 7.1

I downloaded and tried TGS's openinventor, but it needs
some GL and GLU stuff that is not present in XFree86
4.0.3. I tried XFree86 4.1.0, then TGS's programs
(like 'gview') compile, but seg fault.
Also, then I cannot use nVidia's display drivers (I'm
running on a GeForce3)

SGI's openinventor runs fine, but only knows iv1.0,
2.0, 2.1, and VRML 1.0

Anyone know the solution?
Any help is greatly appreciated, this has taken too
much time already :-(
thanks,

Patrick Min

2. Maxcript and Select $* problems with a variable.... PLease help

3. SoXtClipboard->copy(SoPathList*,)...

4. Overprinting in color separations

5. Disabling SoNode::copy() or SoType::createInstance()

6. Will LW6 be out at NAB or just shown?

7. Why does SoNode::copy() require a ref count?

8. ppm -> rgb in a Silicon Graphics machine

9. SoNode copy() method

10. SoNode Question

11. SoNode::uniqueId member question

12. Inventor, SoXtClipboard