volume rendering???

Post by jose manjo » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,

I wonder if opengl has any function to introduce a volume dataset and
get the view using ray casting or something similar??

thanks,

Jose

Jose Vicente Manjn Herrera
GIM (Grupo de Informatica Mdica)
Dept. Fsica Aplicada.
Universidad Politecnica de Valencia
46022 Valencia (SPAIN)

1. BUZ WORDS?? -- Volume Rendering

Is this another name for Radiosity or Raytracing?  Is it a whole new concept?
Is it a concept used in the realization of one or both of these?  What are all
the major rendering methods called and what are their strong points?

I would appreciate answers to the above questions.

Please respond in email (And for those who may also want the answers please
post here also)

Trever

2. having output duplicated on two monitors

3. Volume Rendering

4. shadow mapping problem

5. Advice wanted on Volume Rendering

6. OpenGL & VB5

7. Recommand any good book for volume rendering.

8. GIF to Sun

9. parallel volume rendering

10. How to combine volume rendering with POV?

11. volume rendering of scientific data using povray

12. Volume Rendering with POV-Ray

13. BMRT & Volume rendering