GLX problem on a R5000 Indy running 5.3

Post by Richard Lefebv » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I have the following problem: An inhouse OpenGL program that runs
on almost all the SGI workstations is having problems with R5000 Indys
running irix5.3.

When the program starts I get:

X Error of failed request:  BadImplementation (server does not implement operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  139 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  7 (X_GLXQueryVersion)
  Serial number of failed request:  15
  Current serial number in output stream:  15
X Error of failed request:  BadImplementation (server does not implement operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  139 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  7 (X_GLXQueryVersion)
  Serial number of failed request:  16
  Current serial number in output stream:  16
Erreur: ne peut pas choisir un `visual' sur le `display' :0
!!! VUServDessine; imag->seq=0! noGL?
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  20
  Current serial number in output stream:  22

The patches install on the machine are:
513, 665, 813, 894, 951, 1095, 1255, 1402, 1477, 1579

I wanted to install patch 997 but "inst" tells me it's a downgrade

Rick

--
Richard Lefebvre, Sys-admin, CERCA, (514)369-5224                "Don't Panic"
http://www.CERCA.UMontreal.CA/~rick/                                -- THGTTG

Post by Reto Korad » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> I have the following problem: An inhouse OpenGL program that runs
> on almost all the SGI workstations is having problems with R5000 Indys
> running irix5.3.

> When the program starts I get:

> X Error of failed request:  BadImplementation (server does not implement operation)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  139 (GLX)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  7 (X_GLXQueryVersion)

That was dealt with in this group just a few days ago. Here's the
answer by Mark Kilgard, so that he doesn't have to type it again:

  A BadImplementation from OpenGL typically means that the X
  server was unable to successfully load OpenGL's GLX extension.
  This is generally due to a run-time link error.  This can
  occur if your X server and OpenGL installations are "out of
  sync" or files on your X or OpenGL system files have been
  corrupted.

  Check the /var/X11/xdm/xdm-errors files for an indication
  of what the exact error is.

  Based on the error, try re-installing x_eoe or eoe from current
  IRIX or patch CDs.  This problem can also occur if you switch
  hardware in your system, but don't re-install your software.

  In general, this is a pretty rare condition because of something
  messed up on your system.  I hope this helps.
--

Post by Alexis Cousei » Sat, 08 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> I have the following problem: An inhouse OpenGL program that runs
> on almost all the SGI workstations is having problems with R5000 Indys
> running irix5.3.

Typically happens when some gfx libraries for the R5K are still the old
R4K ones (e.g. if you upgrade an R4K to R5K without doing the necessary
OS upgrade).

--
Alexis Cousein
Sales Support Engineer

1. Autocad Release 13 Display Problems/Irix 5.3/Sgi Indy

We have purchased Autocad R13 for unix, version c2b/c3a, and installed it
on
a Silicon Graphics Indy workstation, running Irix 5.3.  The program bombs
when the following is attempted:
Open an existing drawing and select a line
Choose Modify Properties
Choose Modify Line
Choose Linetype Centre.

The error message is: ADI reply receive error.

A similar type of problem with R12 was solved by some new display drivers
from SGI.

Any solutions or suggestions?

2. GREAT STEROGRAMS

3. R5000 AND R4400 (irix 5.3)

4. BitBlt then save to BMP?

5. 3d GRAPHICS BUGS ON INDY R4400XZ IRIX 5.3

6. Cuboid cuboid contact points for rigid body dynamincs (an old problem?)

7. Video BLACKout on Indy 46K (Irix 5.3)

8. How do I convert .DXF to POV ?

9. Help: Can't compile povray (IRIX 5.3 R5K indy)

10. videod falls over on Indy under IRIX 5.3

11. help: frequent hangs on Onyx/RE2 running Irix 5.3

12. OpenGL overlay does not run on PI/35 TG, IRIX 5.3

13. GLX on 8 Bit Indy problem