Entropy ray trace shadow problem ?

Post by alex » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 21:15:51

I use my friend company's entropy rendering with Rhino2+Rhinoman . But No
ray trace shadow at all ? I need to built a shadow map first then rendering
. Did I set something wrong ? Or entropy can't do ray tracing ?

Entropy ray trace shadow problem ?

Post by Brian Perr » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 10:29:31

Alex,

You need to asign materials to any objects which create or receive
shadows to see raytraced shadows. Also, you will need to make sure the
"Enable shadows" option is checked in the RhinoMan rendering options.

Brian Perry

> I use my friend company's entropy rendering with Rhino2+Rhinoman . But No
> ray trace shadow at all ? I need to built a shadow map first then rendering
> . Did I set something wrong ? Or entropy can't do ray tracing ?

Entropy ray trace shadow problem ?

Post by alex » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 22:51:15

It's so strange that only directional light has shadow but no shadow of
spotlight  & pointlight ?

> Alex,

> You need to asign materials to any objects which create or receive
> shadows to see raytraced shadows. Also, you will need to make sure the
> "Enable shadows" option is checked in the RhinoMan rendering options.

> Brian Perry

> > I use my friend company's entropy rendering with Rhino2+Rhinoman . But
No
> > ray trace shadow at all ? I need to built a shadow map first then
rendering
> > . Did I set something wrong ? Or entropy can't do ray tracing ?

1. Some problem w/ ray Traced shadows ...

Maya 4.0|4.5 + Rat 5.5 + Prman 11.0.1 (NT)

If create some object and move it out far away from cam frustrum  +
cast some ray-traced  shadows = shadows will be w/ artifacts

http://khar-khar.chat.ru/bug_shadow_07_01_03.zip (scenes for maya
4.0|4.5 + sample rib file (ascii) + ligth shader w/ source code )

screen shoot  + render Artifacts (in left uper coner of pic.)
http://khar-khar.chat.ru/bug_render.jpg

2. wanted, "driver" for summagraphic MM1201 data tablet

3. Ray Tracing in Entropy

4. Forsale: Targa 2000 NuBus for Mac

5. Ray traced shadows create false shadow

6. Epson Color Stylus Papers

7. soft shadows with stochastic ray tracing

8. Setting colors for PNG output

9. Ray Tracing Penumbral Shadows

10. soft shadows with stochastic ray tracing

11. Ray Traced Shadows

12. soften ray-traced shadows?

13. Probs with the ray-traced shadows.