Selection a la Crop

Post by Brian Toze » Mon, 02 Sep 2002 15:19:56

I love the way that the sides of a cropping box can be individually
positioned.
I can't find how to do this using the rectangle selection facility.
What am I missing?
I am sure the answer will be simple.

Thanks
Brian Tozer

Selection a la Crop

Post by Sherr » Mon, 02 Sep 2002 18:06:27

Double click on Selection tool (dotted rectangle icon), and it will bring up
a box so you can set your exact selection.

Hope that's what you were looking for 8^)
Sherri

Quote:> I love the way that the sides of a cropping box can be individually
> positioned.
> I can't find how to do this using the rectangle selection facility.
> What am I missing?
> I am sure the answer will be simple.

> Thanks
> Brian Tozer

---

Selection a la Crop

Post by Bill Schnakenber » Mon, 02 Sep 2002 20:47:44

> I love the way that the sides of a cropping box can be individually
> positioned.
> I can't find how to do this using the rectangle selection facility.
> What am I missing?
> I am sure the answer will be simple.

Yes, the answer is simple. You can't!
You'll have to use the Shift key with the selection tool to add to a
selection or add multiple selections. Use the Ctrl key to cut from a
selection.

--
Bill - PSP and Media Center Plus Private Beta Tester
PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter - Anti-Troll Unit 235

Selection a la Crop

Post by Bob Diet » Mon, 02 Sep 2002 23:35:12

> I love the way that the sides of a cropping box can be individually
> positioned.
> I can't find how to do this using the rectangle selection facility.
> What am I missing?
> I am sure the answer will be simple.

> Thanks
> Brian Tozer

You can't do that with the Selection Tool, but you can simulate the
ability using the Preset Shape Tool.
1) Set both color swatches to Solid and choose a color or colors
    that will contrast well with your image.
2) Preset Shape tool set to Rectangle and
       Retain style - NOT CHECKED
       Create as vector - CHECKED
3) Be sure the active layer is a Raster or Adjustment layer.
4) Drag out a rectangle. Because a non-vector layer is active and
    create as vector is checked, a new vector layer is created
    automatically.
5) Reduce layer opacity to something like 20-40%.
6) Adjust the shape of the rectangle as desired.
7) Selections> From Vector Object
8) Layers> Delete

Bob

Selection a la Crop

Post by Uni » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 04:40:06

> I love the way that the sides of a cropping box can be individually
> positioned.
> I can't find how to do this using the rectangle selection facility.
> What am I missing?

P-H-O-T-O-S-H-O-P !!!!!!!!!!!!

Uni

Quote:> I am sure the answer will be simple.

> Thanks
> Brian Tozer

Selection a la Crop

Post by Uni » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 04:43:06

> Double click on Selection tool (dotted rectangle icon), and it will bring up
> a box so you can set your exact selection.

Yeah, maybe he can count how many pixels he wishes to resize the
Selection.

THINK, Sherri!!!!!!!!!!

Uni

> Hope that's what you were looking for 8^)
> Sherri

> > I love the way that the sides of a cropping box can be individually
> > positioned.
> > I can't find how to do this using the rectangle selection facility.
> > What am I missing?
> > I am sure the answer will be simple.

> > Thanks
> > Brian Tozer

> ---

Selection a la Crop

Post by Uni » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 05:00:28

> I love the way that the sides of a cropping box can be individually
> positioned.
> I can't find how to do this using the rectangle selection facility.
> What am I missing?
> I am sure the answer will be simple.

Actually, you CAN resize a Selection IF you DRAG it outside the
image!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's a PSP screw-up, but it may come in handy!!!!!!!!!!

Uni

Quote:

> Thanks
> Brian Tozer

Selection a la Crop

Post by Triumph The Insult Comic Do » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 10:56:26

are your still on this?
psp isn't the only program that works this way you idiot.
now why not do everyone a god damn favor and kill yourself.

-woof.

> > I love the way that the sides of a cropping box can be individually
> > positioned.
> > I can't find how to do this using the rectangle selection facility.
> > What am I missing?
> > I am sure the answer will be simple.

> Actually, you CAN resize a Selection IF you DRAG it outside the
> image!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> I think it's a PSP screw-up, but it may come in handy!!!!!!!!!!

> Uni

> > Thanks
> > Brian Tozer

Selection a la Crop

Post by Uni » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 11:41:57

Quote:

> are your still on this?
> psp isn't the only program that works this way you idiot.
> now why not do everyone a god damn favor and kill yourself.

Whoa, little Eric speaks UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uni

> -woof.

> > > I love the way that the sides of a cropping box can be individually
> > > positioned.
> > > I can't find how to do this using the rectangle selection facility.
> > > What am I missing?
> > > I am sure the answer will be simple.

> > Actually, you CAN resize a Selection IF you DRAG it outside the
> > image!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> > I think it's a PSP screw-up, but it may come in handy!!!!!!!!!!

> > Uni

> > > Thanks
> > > Brian Tozer

Selection a la Crop

Post by Mike » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 11:42:41

Quote:

> are your still on this?
> psp isn't the only program that works this way you idiot.
> now why not do everyone a god damn favor and kill yourself.

The pound is looking for you.

:-)

--
                           Mike

                  ? Logo Design ?
        Put some fun in your next logo!

    Site at:  http://www.artistmike.com

Selection a la Crop

Post by Uni » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 12:46:34

> > are your still on this?
> > psp isn't the only program that works this way you idiot.
> > now why not do everyone a god damn favor and kill yourself.

> The pound is looking for you.

> :-)

:-)

I think The Pup needs his FLEA collar changed! :-)

Uni

Quote:

> --
>                            Mike

>                   ? Logo Design ?
>         Put some fun in your next logo!

>     Site at:  http://www.artistmike.com

Selection a la Crop

Post by Triumph The Insult Comic Do » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 13:08:27

oh gee, someone trying to play off my name..
never had that happen before..
you're just so original, I could puke.

-woof.

> > > are your still on this?
> > > psp isn't the only program that works this way you idiot.
> > > now why not do everyone a god damn favor and kill yourself.

> > The pound is looking for you.

> > :-)

> :-)

> I think The Pup needs his FLEA collar changed! :-)

> Uni

> > --
> >                            Mike

> >                   . Logo Design .
> >         Put some fun in your next logo!

> >     Site at:  http://www.artistmike.com

Selection a la Crop

Post by Mike » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 18:15:37

Quote:

> oh gee, someone trying to play off my name..
> never had that happen before..
> you're just so original, I could puke.

You get what you pay for... oh, you did not pay for anything, well
guess what you get then.

:-)

--
                           Mike

                  ? Logo Design ?
        Put some fun in your next logo!

    Site at:  http://www.artistmike.com

1. Crop to selection

Working through some tutorials and this one has me stumped.
http://www.jasc.com/tutorials/nieuwenstein/crop2selection.asp?
I am unable to get freehand selection to be isolated with a white
background for the area outside of the crop. I keep getting a rectangle
which appears to be the maximum height and width of my selection. Anyone
know what I am doing wrong?

--
Graham Thorley

Like Art? visit         http://www.ArtByJudy.com

                       ---NO SPAM IN EFFECT---

2. Technical Illustration FAQ (v 1.0.8)

3. Crop to Selection in v7.04

4. need code for image warping and compression

5. 7.02 Crop to selection problem

6. Modeling for Doom

7. Image>Crop to Selection Not Working

8. FS Infini-d

9. crop to selection??

10. Repeating the selection and cropping of an area

11. PSP6 Crop to selection problems

12. crop to selection?