HELP: QT movie sound problem

Post by Kevin Ch » Thu, 23 Nov 1995 04:00:00

IF  a movie is flattened, it should be able to play on both mac and PC right?
I have a movie file with IMA 4:1 audio compression and it plays well on
both pc and mac. However, when I use MACE 3:1 compression, the flattened
mov can play on pc BUT WITHOUT SOUND. IS this because the window version
of QT does not support MACE 3:1 compression?
The reason why I want to use MACE 3:1 audio compression is because that I
MACE 3:1 compression support 8 bit mono. However, the IMA 4:1 does not
support 8bit mono. IT can only compress with 16 bit mono or stereo. The
MACE 3:1 8 bit mono is smaller than the IMA 4:1 16 bit mono file. Is there
a way to work around this problem!?
QT 2.1 for mac and QT 2.0.3 for window was used.

Please reply by e-mail.

1. Sound into QT movies

I've recently started to play around with quicktime, creating simple
animations by converting PICT's into movies. Could anyone tell me
a way to add sound to my movies? Is there a shareware package out there,
or a clever trick with ResEdit I could use?

Thanks in advance,

-Fig

2. Looking for a high-quality rendering engine / sdk

3. Adding sound to QT movies.

4. GRAPHICS sw FS

5. mpeg sound->qt sound for macs?

6. Working in TV Company...

7. converting QT Mac movies to Windows movies ?

8. CPU/MB upgrade question

9. problem with SGI -> QT movies

10. Problems with REALLY BIG QT Movies

11. HELP: Cropping QT Movies