HELP!! FreeHand(Mac) to CorelDraw(PC)

Post by Christian Labarth » Thu, 29 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Anyone with hands-on experience in transferring FreeHand 5.5 files with
gradations, type, layers to CorelDRAW?

I try saving FH to Adobe Illustrator 6.0 and eps (with the AI FreeHand
filter), open in my service bureau who have CorelDraw 6 Beta to test if
everything is OK but everything is bad: gradations wrong side and not
prewieving right, type not good and not the right size, bad position of
elements...

Is the IBM CorelDraw better in importing Adobe Illustrator files?

How to do it without redrawing the files in AI first and in CorelDraw
after?

Help needed

Christian Labarthe
WAWA Design

HELP!! FreeHand(Mac) to CorelDraw(PC)

Post by MMMarket » Fri, 06 Sep 1996 04:00:00

FH 5 for Windows supports Corel files directly and is binary compatible
with FH 5.0/5.5 for Mac.

BTW, FreeHand 7 for Mac and Win was announced today.

-David

Post by John Dowde » Sat, 07 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> FH 5 for Windows supports Corel files directly and is binary compatible
> with FH 5.0/5.5 for Mac.

> BTW, FreeHand 7 for Mac and Win was announced today.

> -David Mendels

And a rockin' new release it is, too.

(I just got back from the "FreeHand Futures" section at the Macromedia
conference, and was really gratified by the sharp intakes of breath during
the live blended gradients on a path, the big grins at graphic search and
replace, the ovations for the new printing and the integration with other
apps and the scripting automation and all... whew, it was great seeing
people seeing FH7....  8)

jd

  John Dowdell                ||   Online support is via public forums
  Macromedia Tech Support     ||   instead of private email; registered
  San Francisco CA            ||   users have private support via phone.

     Macromedia 7th International User Conference and Exhibition
           Sept 4-6 1996 at Moscone Center, San Francisco CA
        1 800 287 7141 or 1 203 840 5660; or www.macromedia.com

1. Exchanging Freehand file betw. Mac and PC

hi to one and all,

I am helping a friend to setup a system for graphics design
using mainly PhotoShop, Freehand and Pagemaker.

I am serious considering an IBM-PC system instead of a Mac (flame
proof suit on :) ). The main reason is the lower costs and the
softwares are available on the PC. I have seen non-native Freehand
running on a 6100 PowerMac and it doesn't seem very fast. I believe
a 486-66 can match this performance.

Is there anyone who is using a PC platform and has any peeves or
found any problems ?
Can the graphics files be freely exchanged between PC and Mac
softwares ?

thanks in advance
siew loong

2. Need 3Ds4 Help

3. exchange Freehand files Mac - PC

4. t-shirt transfer Epson

5. Looking for a util to convert CorelDraw (IBM PC) to a Mac format

6. EXT_texture_env_combine

7. Help convert Freehand 4 to PC image file

8. pc 2 mac 2 pc 2 mac

9. mac to pc and pc to mac

10. Freehand Studio 5 vs CorelDraw 5, detailed comparison

11. Freehand or CorelDraw ?

12. export data from freehand 7.0.2 to coreldraw 6