rasterops 24 xli on Pmac 6100?

Post by Morgan Ry » Tue, 04 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I just got my hands on a Rasterops 24 XLI video adapter that used to live
in a Quadra 700. Can I use this in my Pmac 6100 to drive a 21" color
monitor? I read of a trick to fit the board inside the case (move the CD,
move the hard drive, cut a little piece of plastic, say goodbye to
warranty, light up big monitor). I'd be willing to maul my case if the
video board is compatible with the Pmac 6100 hardware. Can anyone tell me
if this will work? Thanks. Morgan Ryan

Post by Mitch Coh » Wed, 05 Apr 1995 04:00:00

> I just got my hands on a Rasterops 24 XLI video adapter that used to live
> in a Quadra 700. Can I use this in my Pmac 6100 to drive a 21" color
> monitor? I read of a trick to fit the board inside the case (move the CD,
> move the hard drive, cut a little piece of plastic, say goodbye to
> warranty, light up big monitor). I'd be willing to maul my case if the
> video board is compatible with the Pmac 6100 hardware. Can anyone tell me
> if this will work? Thanks. Morgan Ryan

Chances are the XLi will need a ROM upgrade (I went through that for an
XLi in a 7100, wasn't too expensive, maybe $50).  Give RasterOps a call
(800/SAY-COLOR, easy number to remember thank goodness) to be sure.
You'll definitely need the latest rev of their software, which they have
on AOL and at (I think) ftp.rasterops.com or ftp.truevision.com.

--

1. RasterOps 8/24 XLi video board

I've recently purchased a Rasterops 8/24 XLi video board. Apparently it
supports something called Gworld memory. What exactly is this and is it
worth the approx $8000 to install an extra 4 simms on the video board? I
might add that I use Photoshop extensively.
Thanx in advance...

2. Q: how would i know the data from an arch?

3. Phantom Cursor ?? (PS2.5.1 in PMac 6100

4. MoviePlayer2.0 Bug Reports to Whom?

5. Video into PMAC 6100/66 DOS?

6. PM6 Classroom-In-a-Book

7. Expanded PMac 6100/660 DRAM

8. Converting BMP to Tiff Multipage

9. Video Capturing on Pmac 6100/AV - help!

10. RasterOps Xli xtensions, where?

11. Could 6100/66s get 1024*879 with 24 bit color?

12. I need display card for PM 6100