Trapping in QuarkXPress-HELP!!!

Post by L » Tue, 04 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Can anyone give me a handle on this trapping business in Quark? We have just
switched to Power Mac's at work and find we have to self teach ourselves these
new programs. Just when we think we've got trapping understood a bit we're
confused again.
We thought if we had something back a layer and trapped what was over it in
overprint it would print on the negative from our Avantra image setter. This
theory worked on one job but the next time we tried it we weren't successful.
The little knowledge we've acquired thus far lead us to believe if we used
knockout on something, no layer below this would print but using overprint we
would get the layer below to show on a negative (our negatives must all be
colour separated for printing purposes). All our manuals don't seem to help.
Could be we're just intimidated as they all say trapping is to be left to the
experts and we're REALLY green beginners who have to use it or the negatives
are wrong. Does anyone have a simple rule of thumb for trapping or is there a
great, simplified book we could understand that we should get? All info would
be appreciated. Please use language a new Mac person can understand. Until
recently we have used the Purup system to set our graphic forms so we're not
too familiar to the Mac terminology.
I don't get to the News Groups regularly so please e-mail your response to

Thanks Lyn

1. What are QuarkXPress and QuarkXPress Passport?

What are QuarkXPress and QuarkXPress Passport?

The layout and design choice of the world's top
publishers, QuarkXPress is available in 11
languages. QuarkXPress is more than just a
page layout software. An integrated publishing
package, QuarkXPress lets you combine
pictures, text, typography, writing, editing, and
printing -- in one application. What's more, this
program gives you total command over page
layout.

QuarkXPress Passport Edition

With QuarkXPress Passport, you can publish in
several languages with the same ease you've
come to expect when using a single-language
version of QuarkXPress(TM). QuarkXPress
Passport(TM), which includes all the features
found in QuarkXPress, gives you everything you
need for multilingual publishing in one
application.

QuarkXPress version 3.32 with ArabicXT for the Windows PC
platform at the new End user suggested price: US $695.00
plus shipping. QuarkXPress 4.0 Passport (QuarkXPress 3.32
w/upgrade to 4.0) plus ArabicXT 4.0 full Mac: $1,795 plus
shipping, insurance and handling charges.

Ask us about Layout's ArabicXT for QuarkXPress.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.

Free Demos are available on our site http://arabicsoftware.net

Best Regards,
--
G. N. Hallak           Microsoft-Islamic-Arabic-Software
AramediA Group         T 617-825-3044 F 617-265-9648

Boston, MA 02122, USA  http://aramedia.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Colour correction -- please help

3. Source for a loader of Multigen's .flt v14 file format?

4. PS6 online help and the Adobe Studio spam trap

5. FS:Maya 1.5

6. pagemaker trapping help

7. Lightwave PROJECT:MESSIAH cracks here!

8. trapping Help pagemaker

9. Trapping in Corel for exporting to PageMaker - HELP

10. QuarkXPress help needed.

11. QuarkXPRess Gurus--Novice Needs Help!