Help needed on Inventor Sample Program

Post by CHIVATE, PRAMOD » Fri, 29 Apr 1994 11:44:58

hi,

This is a Repost. I am trying to use a Inventor sample program
'SceneViewer' to develop a simple UI for my work. I can pick
the initial Widget that is drawn but once I clear the RenderArea
and display a new SoNode I am unable to Pick it? Any help is
appreciated. Thanks.

-Pramod

Post by Alain Dumes » Thu, 05 May 1994 04:11:48

|> hi,
|>
|> This is a Repost. I am trying to use a Inventor sample program
|> 'SceneViewer' to develop a simple UI for my work. I can pick
|> the initial Widget that is drawn but once I clear the RenderArea
|> and display a new SoNode I am unable to Pick it? Any help is
|> appreciated. Thanks.
|>
|> -Pramod

I am not sure I understand exactly what you are doing. Sounds to me like
you can pick 3D objects in the SceneViewer initialy, then can no longer
when you give it a new scene ?

If you look at the SceneViewer main routine (under
/usr/share/src/Inventor/demos/SceneViewer/SceneViewer.c++ for 2.0) you will
see that a SoSelection node is added to the scene graph to enable picking.

Maybe that will help...

Help needed on Inventor Sample Program

Post by David Mo » Fri, 06 May 1994 05:55:09

Quote:>hi,

>This is a Repost. I am trying to use a Inventor sample program
>'SceneViewer' to develop a simple UI for my work. I can pick
>the initial Widget that is drawn but once I clear the RenderArea
>and display a new SoNode I am unable to Pick it? Any help is
>appreciated. Thanks.

>-Pramod

From what little you've said here, I can only guess.
When you "clear the RenderArea and display a new SoNode",
does this mean you are calling setSceneGraph() with something
new? If so, you might be blowing away the SoSelection node
that SceneViewer creates. This node is what highlights
objects that are picked.

David

1. An open inventor sample program needed

I have started to work on a research project at my
university on an animation project. I suppose to use
Open Inventor and Open GL for simulating/modeling
human body's movements.

My question to all of you people is, where is reasonable
program for this sort of animation that I could use
as a reference. It could save me from reinventing the
wheel.

I have the manuals for Open Inventor and Open Gl, but
reading the manual and programming it are way apart from
each other.

Thanks so much.

Ali Rezazadeh

2. Foundation-Status?

3. Inventor Sample Program

4. 3D-Studio...

5. Inventor sample code needed

6. WTB: EIAS

7. Sample programs needed using MATROX COMET library

8. geforce ddr faster than gts for 3d

9. DMedia Cross Platform OpenGL sample program needed

10. sample programs in C needed

11. HELP NEEDED : I need to draw points FAST in Open Inventor

12. REPOST: Help needed with Highlights in Inventor 2.0, please help

13. HELP: Sample graphics library needed!!