Microtek ScanMaker III

Post by Rodney Shepar » Tue, 25 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I just recently purchased a Microtek ScanMaker III
scanner for my Windows-NT platform and I am having
trouble getting it to work.  Is there anyone out
there who has a similar configuration that is
working?

I am getting very little assistance from Microtek
as they are not familiar with Windows-NT.  Their
Adaptec OEM controller is jumpered wrong and I
don't think they have the correct drivers.

If anyone can help me, please send e-mail to

1. Microtek ScanMaker III & Adaptec 2940 UW under NT 4???

Hi,

I have a Microtek ScanMaker III and a workstation with an Adaptec 2940 UW
SCSI card.  I have been trying to run the ScanWizard 3.82 under NT 4, but
it keeps crashing.  After switching to Win95, it appears to work fine
only when using the 16-bit TWAIN driver in spite infrequent crashes.  It
crashes very often with the 32-bit driver under Win95.  The scanner
always seems to work ok for a few scans before stops responding.

Microtek tech support had no clue what is going on and insisted their
drivers work fine under NT 4 with the Adaptec 1502E card which came
with the scanner.  Does anyone have had  the same problem?  Any solutions
other than adding the 1502 SCSI card and hooking it up with the scanner?

Thanks in advance!

Terry

2. Big Downloads: suggestions?

3. Microtek ScanMaker E3 Scanner

4. Download (10,000 files) Full Flash Kit Developer Resource

5. Microtek-Scanmaker E-3

6. POV-Ray 3.0 beta issues (Linux/Windows)

7. Problems with Microtek Scanmaker II flatbed scanner

8. How do you calibrate Epson 1200S Scaner for NT

9. Anyone using a Microtek Scanmaker 1850S?

10. Problems with Microtek Scanmaker X6 on a Mactell comp