Quirky QuarkXpress

Post by Luke Taylo » Wed, 17 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I am about to receive some QuarkXpress files for which I
would like to extract the graphics and text for use on
an IBM-PC. If anyone has any experience of doing this,
I would be most grateful.

Many Thanks,

Luke Taylor

Microcomputer Support     tel  : +44 (0)117 9288194
University of Bristol     int  :              x8194
Computing Service         fax  : +44 (0)117 9291576
Tyndall Avenue
Bristol BS8 1UD
UK

Quirky QuarkXpress

Post by Peter vanDoor » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> I am about to receive some QuarkXpress files for which I
> would like to extract the graphics and text for use on
> an IBM-PC. If anyone has any experience of doing this,
> I would be most grateful.

> Many Thanks,

> Luke Taylor

> Microcomputer Support     tel  : +44 (0)117 9288194
> University of Bristol     int  :              x8194
> Computing Service         fax  : +44 (0)117 9291576
> Tyndall Avenue
> Bristol BS8 1UD
> UK

easy(ish!)

1. Use QuarkXPress for Windows on the PC.

2. Do Save Text to export your text on a box-by-box basis.

3. Graphics are more of a problem. The only type of graphics you can
   extract from an XPress page are PICT pics which have been pasted into
   XPress since all other graphic formats only keep their previews in
   the XPress file. Mind you, if they are in another format the graphics
   *should* have been supplied separately on disk! But if they are EPSes
   or TIFFs, you should re-save them (if you can) with PC previews.

Hope that helps!

Have fun

Peterx

Quirky QuarkXpress

Post by Gene Steinber » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> I am about to receive some QuarkXpress files for which I
> would like to extract the graphics and text for use on
> an IBM-PC. If anyone has any experience of doing this,
> I would be most grateful.

> Many Thanks,

QuarkXPress generally doesn't store graphic files. It simply links
to them and maintains a low resolution picture of that file in the
document itself. So, in this case, you need the source graphic.

As to text, QuarkXPress allows you to save your text in many word
processing formats.

If you don't have QuarkXPress yourself, have the person who sends
you the files supply the graphic files and the text files for you.

--
Peace
Gene

Quirky QuarkXpress

Post by jmille » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> I am about to receive some QuarkXpress files for which I
> would like to extract the graphics and text for use on
> an IBM-PC. If anyone has any experience of doing this,
> I would be most grateful.

> Many Thanks,

> Luke Taylor

> Microcomputer Support     tel  : +44 (0)117 9288194
> University of Bristol     int  :              x8194
> Computing Service         fax  : +44 (0)117 9291576
> Tyndall Avenue
> Bristol BS8 1UD
> UK

LUKE! Go to file menu and use SAVE TEXT. Save as ASCII, and it can be
used on your IBM-PC (I presume you want to use a different application
other than Quark on your IBM) in whatever application you want. Your
pictures will either (usually) be in an EPS or TIFF format. Just rename
your picture files with the IBM extensions .eps or .tif, and they can be
used in your IBM-PC application, provided the application can use .eps
or .tif formats. That's all you'll have to do, although why you'd want
to go to a PC is beyond me (but that's amnother story...)

Quirky QuarkXpress

Post by Steve Strickla » Sat, 20 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> > I am about to receive some QuarkXpress files for which I
> > would like to extract the graphics and text for use on
> > an IBM-PC. If anyone has any experience of doing this,
> > I would be most grateful.

> > Many Thanks,

> QuarkXPress generally doesn't store graphic files. It simply links
> to them and maintains a low resolution picture of that file in the
> document itself. So, in this case, you need the source graphic.

> As to text, QuarkXPress allows you to save your text in many word
> processing formats.

> If you don't have QuarkXPress yourself, have the person who sends
> you the files supply the graphic files and the text files for you.

> --
> Peace
> Gene

You'll also need the fonts. Bitmapped screen fonts and all the vector
printer fonts.

--

Sign seen on telescope-"WARNING! Objects in mirror are larger than they appear".

1. What are QuarkXPress and QuarkXPress Passport?

What are QuarkXPress and QuarkXPress Passport?

The layout and design choice of the world's top
publishers, QuarkXPress is available in 11
languages. QuarkXPress is more than just a
page layout software. An integrated publishing
package, QuarkXPress lets you combine
pictures, text, typography, writing, editing, and
printing -- in one application. What's more, this
program gives you total command over page
layout.

QuarkXPress Passport Edition

With QuarkXPress Passport, you can publish in
several languages with the same ease you've
come to expect when using a single-language
version of QuarkXPress(TM). QuarkXPress
Passport(TM), which includes all the features
found in QuarkXPress, gives you everything you
need for multilingual publishing in one
application.

QuarkXPress version 3.32 with ArabicXT for the Windows PC
platform at the new End user suggested price: US $695.00
plus shipping. QuarkXPress 4.0 Passport (QuarkXPress 3.32
w/upgrade to 4.0) plus ArabicXT 4.0 full Mac: $1,795 plus
shipping, insurance and handling charges.

Ask us about Layout's ArabicXT for QuarkXPress.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.

Free Demos are available on our site http://arabicsoftware.net

Best Regards,
--
G. N. Hallak           Microsoft-Islamic-Arabic-Software
AramediA Group         T 617-825-3044 F 617-265-9648

Boston, MA 02122, USA  http://aramedia.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. "spraying" color over an object