Build custom gradient help

Post by Paul Proefroc » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 07:30:03

I am trying to build a gradient using varying widths of stripes. ie, very
narrow white stripe, wide red stripe and each gradually changing size till
they reverse and go the other direction.

I am a beginner with PSP, now ver 8 and can't figure out if it will do this
or not.

Can anyone help me accomplish this.

My intent is the build an eye pleasing gradient and then use it as a pattern
for a paint scheme on a boat.

Thanks

Paul P

Build custom gradient help

Post by Embe » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 12:06:16

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:30:03 GMT, "Paul Proefrock"

>I am trying to build a gradient using varying widths of stripes. ie, very
>narrow white stripe, wide red stripe and each gradually changing size till
>they reverse and go the other direction.

>I am a beginner with PSP, now ver 8 and can't figure out if it will do this
>or not.

>Can anyone help me accomplish this.

>My intent is the build an eye pleasing gradient and then use it as a pattern
>for a paint scheme on a boat.

>Thanks

>Paul P

For your project I don't think you need a gradient. All your stripes
will be the same colour over the width of a stripe.

So why not just use the pen tool and build up an image of various
width horizontal colours. When half the pattern is done, double the
canvas size. Select the striped area and copy and paste it as a new
layer.  Flip it with the Defomation tool and bring the 2 parts
together.

There are several ways to draw the lines conventionally without
needing a mask.

This is going to be one wild boat :-)

Ember

1. Help with custom POV build

I'm trying to add some functionality to my personal version of POV 2.2,
but I keep running into a problem with output.  Specifically, when I run
it the display looks great, but I either get no output file or I get a
targa file with no headers, neither of which is very useful.  Here's the
specifics of what I'm doing:

Compiler: Symantec C++ V6.0
Computer: 486 SLC2/66 and/or Pentium/90 (both fail)
OS:       Windows 95 DOS shell build 490

I can run the official ICB version, and I can run a build of the
unmodified sources.  Here are my changes:

in PARSE.H, I added a token at the end and incremented the last ID
in TOKENIZE.C, I added the token and its textual representation into
                the array in alphabetical order
in PARSE.C, I added a simple function to parse my one-keyword, one-value
                global statement (My statement is of the form "depthmap r" for
                some real-valued r)  I also added the hook to call it when
                my token is recognized.
in LIGHTING.C, I added a global variable to hold the result of the above
                parsing, and I short-circuited Determine_Apparent_Colour to
                return a gray value scaled from the distance to the
                intersection point (0 distance is white, r distance is black)
in FRAME.H, I changed the relevant defines to insert my name

None of these changes should have influenced the output, no?  If I insert
trace messages into the targa routines, it says it executes the code to
write the headers, but when I then look at the file, it starts with FF's
(for an all-white target scene, without the depthmap keyword)

Does anyone have any idea why this isn't working?
--
Ron Parker

2. Medival Castle

3. Custom Built graphics computer...need help here

4. GeForce 2 GTS or GeForce 2 Pro??

5. Custom Built PCs for low prices

6. visual c++

7. Custom Built PCs for low prices!!!!