Arbitrary output variables problem

Post by xavier mat » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 01:15:05

Hi all
I'm trying to use Arbitrary output variables  in Mtor,but when i'm
trying to use my own variables,and not the ready to use that exists in
the secondary menu of Mtor,i get an error from Alfred that says that
the variable doesn't exists.
If i'm going to tweak manually the rib file inserting:

Declare "my_variable" "varying float"
Display "+my_variable.tif" "tiff" "my_variable" "quantize" [0 255 0
255]

it works fine.

How can i declare it in Mtor?

Xavier

Arbitrary output variables problem

Post by Jim Pri » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 08:33:29

You can declare your variables inside a RIBBox and then name the
RIBBox "declare".  See the RIBBox docs for more info.

jim price

Quote:> Hi all

Post by Tal Lancast » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 06:32:03

> Hi all
> I'm trying to use Arbitrary output variables  in Mtor,but when i'm
> trying to use my own variables,and not the ready to use that exists in
> the secondary menu of Mtor,i get an error from Alfred that says that
> the variable doesn't exists.
> If i'm going to tweak manually the rib file inserting:

> Declare "my_variable" "varying float"
> Display "+my_variable.tif" "tiff" "my_variable" "quantize" [0 255 0
> 255]

> it works fine.

> How can i declare it in Mtor?

> Xavier

Try going to the RenderMan->RenderMan Globals, under the
Display->Secondary tabs.  Under the Mode field specify something like:

varying float my_variable

This should put something like:
Display "+my_variable.tif" "tiff" "varying float my_variable"

into the RIBstream.  No more undefined variable.

Tal
--
www.renderman.org/RMR/

Arbitrary output variables problem

Post by Xavier Matia Bernascon » Fri, 30 Nov 2001 00:56:47

Hi Jim and Tal

It works in both wais.

Tnx a lot.

Xavier