What font is this?

Post by Timo Nentwi » Thu, 04 Jul 2002 23:04:41

http://www.timo-nentwig.de/temp/font.jpg

The image consists of two different fonts. Can anybody identify which fonts it
are? Or have any idea how to find out (maybe a font resource on the net?).

thx
tcn
--
"Who asks is an idiot for 5 minutes, who never asks stays an idiot for life."
(chinese saying)

What font is this?

Post by Rich Web » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 09:03:15

Quote:>http://www.timo-nentwig.de/temp/font.jpg

>The image consists of two different fonts. Can anybody identify which fonts it
>are? Or have any idea how to find out (maybe a font resource on the net?).

The top one is a Didone face, possibly by ole Bodoni himself (well,
updated a bit). I'd guess Bodoni Bold Condensed -- or something similar.

The lower is probably a letterspaced light Neue Helvetica.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA

What font is this?

Post by Timo Nentwi » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 04:40:53

> On Wed, 3 Jul 2002 16:04:41 +0200, "Timo Nentwig"

>> http://www.timo-nentwig.de/temp/font.jpg

>> The image consists of two different fonts. Can anybody identify
>> which fonts it are? Or have any idea how to find out (maybe a font
>> resource on the net?).

> The top one is a Didone face, possibly by ole Bodoni himself (well,
> updated a bit). I'd guess Bodoni Bold Condensed -- or something
> similar.

You mean: http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/F/BODB/F_BODB-70012000.jhtml

No, it isn't. There is a very distinctive character in there: ?. As it's a
german character I don't know whether you can see it, it's the 4th character
between "o" and "m" in "Gro?mann". This character is very special.

Quote:> The lower is probably a letterspaced light Neue Helvetica.

Same thing here: ?. The 6th character between "t" and "r". It does have the dots
not on top of the character bet beside it (on the top :).

What font is this?

Post by Timo Nentwi » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 04:44:32

> No, it isn't. There is a very distinctive character in there: ?. As

Window's Character Map, character set: Unicode. U+00DF, Latin Small Letter Sharp
S. 3rd character from the right bottom.

Quote:> Same thing here: ?. The 6th character between "t" and "r". It does

U+00C4. 4th line from the bottom, 11th column.

What font is this?

Post by Rich Web » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 08:05:06

Quote:>No, it isn't. There is a very distinctive character in there: ?. As it's a
>german character I don't know whether you can see it, it's the 4th character
>between "o" and "m" in "Gro?mann". This character is very special.

A typeface may include more or fewer characters depending on the vendor
but it's the same typeface. Even so, most Windows font files include an
a-umlaut and I think that esstset is a standard Unicode character. You
might want to look for Open Type fonts, as these are newer and often
attempt to include more of the Unicode glyphs.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA

What font is this?

Post by Timo Nentwi » Tue, 09 Jul 2002 01:21:53

> On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 21:40:53 +0200, "Timo Nentwig"

>> No, it isn't. There is a very distinctive character in there: ?. As
>> it's a german character I don't know whether you can see it, it's
>> the 4th character between "o" and "m" in "Gro?mann". This character
>> is very special.

> A typeface may include more or fewer characters depending on the
> vendor but it's the same typeface. Even so, most Windows font files
> include an a-umlaut and I think that esstset is a standard Unicode
> character. You might want to look for Open Type fonts, as these are
> newer and often attempt to include more of the Unicode glyphs.

Bodoni Bold Condensed and Neue Helvetica include these characters but they just
look different :-)

What font is this?

Post by Rich Web » Tue, 09 Jul 2002 02:41:14

Quote:>Bodoni Bold Condensed and Neue Helvetica include these characters but they just
>look different :-)

Whoops! Roger that. Ah, well, there's always the old do-it-yourself
method of drawing the characters. Might be do-able if all you need to do
is to recreate the logo. Good luck in your search!

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA

1. fonts i am soooo confused

am new to this newsgroup and to psp5   how do i install different fonts into
my system so that i can view them------also---how do i install tubes---any
tutorial sites would be appreciated

Kim
www.geocities.com/marquart99/
www.geocities.com/blondieohio/

If you have ICQ you can message me. My ICQ#:39919062
Or visit my Personal ICQ Homepage: http://members.icq.com/39919062
My current status is:
If you don't have ICQ you can page me through my Personal Communication
Center: http://wwp.icq.com/39919062 (go there and try it!)
Or
You can send me a regular e-mail to my EmailExpress address:

If you want to add me to your Contact List click Add Me
Download ICQ at http://www.icq.com/
Include your ICQ details in YOUR e-mail signature:
http://www.icq.com/emailsig.html
My Home Telephone Number is: 419-365-8011
kim marquart

2. PSP browse

3. fonts in AM (Hash)

4. Information.....

5. Fonts for A.M. P.M. in a book

6. KAPI32.DLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP

7. PI6 Fonts again, am I losing my mind?

8. Hi, I am doing a paper on 3D-boards, and I am looking for definitions

9. 3D fonts, 3D fonts from 2D fonts, common fonts data

10. fonts FONTS fonts

11. fonts fonts fonts!

12. Shrinking bitmapped fonts (TeX PK font files to Sun font files)