Mixing computer screen to TV set

Post by kellne » Fri, 12 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi folks,

I want to display a computerscreen on a TV set.
Is it possible mix graphical elements produced by a computer online
with the picture of a TV tuner.

My idea is to control the TV set via SCART connector. For example the
computer may produce a picture with a background colour which is
transparent for the picture coming from the tuner.

Does anybody know of a device like graphic card, or extention for graphic
card (e.g. via feature connector) which is able to realize this.

All hints, or suggestions in which other way the desired function can
be realized are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
C. Kellner

Post by Eugen » Wed, 17 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>I want to display a computerscreen on a TV set.
>Is it possible mix graphical elements produced by a computer online
>with the picture of a TV tuner.
>My idea is to control the TV set via SCART connector. For example the
>computer may produce a picture with a background colour which is
>transparent for the picture coming from the tuner.
>Does anybody know of a device like graphic card, or extention for graphic
>card (e.g. via feature connector) which is able to realize this.

 All you need is a genlock, very easy and cheap to find if you
consider using an Amiga, for the DOS side I'm quite ignorant on the
matter, but I suppose you can find cheap genlocks anyway.

 Ciao

Post by Rose Hau » Fri, 19 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>>I want to display a computerscreen on a TV set.
>>Is it possible mix graphical elements produced by a computer online
>>with the picture of a TV tuner.

>>My idea is to control the TV set via SCART connector. For example the
>>computer may produce a picture with a background colour which is
>>transparent for the picture coming from the tuner.

There are various genlocks for IBM style computers, running from $200 (US) to over $2000 (US),
with quality and flexability differences to match.  A genlock is specifically designed to allow
the overlay of computer graphics with live or recorded video (best if it's very stable, such as
from a live camera or laser disk player).

The Amiga is an excellent way to go; it was designed from the beginning to be video compatable,
and several inexpensive genlocks ($200 US or less) will give better results that adapters
costing 2 or 3 times as much for the IBM or Mac.  Anything from an old Amiga 500 through the
A1200 or A4000 will work very well.  Also, you will find a good variety of paint and titling
software for the Amiga, and sales personnel in Germany that know a good deal about video
applications.  The typical sales person in the IBM or Mac store will have either 1) no clue, or
2) want to sell you a $4000 (US) desktop editing set-up.  Munich should have several
Amiga dealers.

There are several more sophisticated video applications for the Amiga, such as the Video
Toaster, which allow a great variety of control over all graphic elements, and provide dozens of
special effects.  Not sure if it was ever released for PAL video format (!).

Tim Haupt
Mind's Eye Productions

Seattle, Washington, USA

1. computer output to tv screen

Is there a way to get decent tv output from a computer.
I tried the TV GOLD etc., but all is very fuzzy.
Is there a DOS program out there that can take windows output and
upgrade pixels etc.?
I remember a while back that Gateway use to offer a large screen
monitor/TV deal, but i   don't know what the quality was.
Thanks!
Please email me too!
...Vern

2. Bending Capsules

3. HELP! Mixed-model Colormap setting PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

4. Files without extensions

5. Prob w/setting dragicon with mix of ico and text

6. Plug-in for ProJPEG & Image Maps? (Win)

7. Mixing computer and video signals

8. PM6.5 & HP4

9. Mixing computer and video signals - (nf)

10. Screen mode is like colour mix mode!!

11. WANTED: A TV set image.

12. geforce fx 5200 + tv set connection

13. 3D a model of the TV set