true type fonts

Post by Doug Moun » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I found three font types supported by and included in POVRay.  How are
other fonts like courier or New York included? Thanks.
Doug Mounce
University of Washington
--
Doug Mounce, Coordinator
Grant & Contract Services

true type fonts

Post by Jerry Stratt » Thu, 09 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>I found three font types supported by and included in POVRay.  How are
>other fonts like courier or New York included? Thanks.

POV-Ray uses "Windows" style truetype fonts. If you have Windows, you can
copy your .ttf files into your include directory or into your scene
directory.

If you have a Macintosh, look for "TTConverter" or "Font Clerk", shareware
programs that convert TTF files from Windows to Mac or Mac to Windows. In
this case, you want the latter: you need to convert your Mac Truetype
fonts to Windows.

Jerry

What Your Children Are Doing: http://www.hoboes.com/html/NetLife/Children/