Help to estimate number of users of imaging processing software

Help to estimate number of users of imaging processing software

Post by Frode Iglebe » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Dear community,

On behalf of a client, I am trying estimate the number of users for various
image processing applications.
I would really appreciate if you could help me since your are hands-on users
with knowledge about the below adressed issues. Other relevant comments,
rumours, tips&hints are also most welcome.

I need information about approx. number of users for the following
applications (especially Europe & N-America):

Development Environments
- AVS (Advanced Visual Systems)
- WiT (Logical Vision/Coreco subsidary)
- KHOROS (Kh*Research)
- HIPS (SharpImage Software)
- Dynamic Imager/MTIP (Dynamic Imaging)
- IDL, Interactive Data Language (Research Systems)
- MatLab Image Processing Toolbox (Mathworks)

Do you know about other "obvious" competitors to the above programs
(commercial codes)?

You may also have some knowledge about these Object Libraries
- Leadtool (LEAD Technologies)
- PIKS (PixelSoft)
- SAPERA etc. (Coreco)
- ILIB Imaging Libraries (Invention Ltd.)
- XITE (University of Oslo)
- AdOculus (The Imaging Source)

Furthermore, if you have other details regarding the below topics, it will
help me even more:

1. Market share/penetration
   - The company's turnover and %-turnover related to software sales

2. Competitor market strategy
   a. Target market (typical segments covered, e.g. medical, remote sensing,
GIS, etc)
   b. Distribution (direct sales, distributor, VAR, OEM)
   c. Pricing (commercial, academic, single-user, multiple, site, lease,
maintenance)
   d. Distributor royalty

3. Other sources I can use to get relevant market information, analysis
reports, etc.
(yes I have tried the standard research companies such as Gartner Group,
Frost&Sullivan, etc.)

Best regards,
Frode Iglebek
Ernst & Young Consulting
Phone:       +47 73 54 68 00   Address:
Fax:         +47 73 54 68 01   Leiv Eriksson Senter
Direct line: +47 73 54 68 62   N-7462 Trondheim
Mobile:      +47 98 20 69 00   NORWAY

WWW:         http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. Help to estimate number of users for image processing software

Dear community,

On behalf of a client, I am trying estimate the number of users for various
image processing applications (I posted this message here since this topic
is related to visualization...).
I would really appreciate if you could help me since your are hands-on users
with knowledge about the below adressed issues. Other relevant comments,
rumours, tips&hints are also most welcome.

I need information about approx. number of users for the following
applications (especially Europe & N-America):

Development Environments
- AVS (Advanced Visual Systems)
- WiT (Logical Vision/Coreco subsidary)
- KHOROS (Khoral Research)
[...]

WWW:         http://www.ey.no

2. Help with HPGL

3. Image Processing Hardware/Software Help

4. enhpost patch to allow space like a TeX \phantom

5. Wow! Killer Bee

6. Announcement to users of the Image Processing Tool Kit

7. Sphinx user-friendly image processing

8. Do any of the image processing apps allow user written

9. Sphinx user-friendly image processing

10. Announcement for users of the Image Processing Tool Kit

11. Software development services [image processing]