C Library to display Truetype fonts?

Post by Michael » Mon, 22 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I was wondering if anyone know of any freeware,shareware, etc. libraries
on available on the Internet to display truetype fonts? I would hoping
for something compatible to PCs, but I could convert. I have seen the
truetype libraries for Turbo Pascal.

Thanks.

Post by Stephen Bayn » Tue, 23 Jul 1996 04:00:00

: I was wondering if anyone know of any freeware,shareware, etc. libraries
: on available on the Internet to display truetype fonts? I would hoping
: for something compatible to PCs, but I could convert. I have seen the
: truetype libraries for Turbo Pascal.

: Thanks.

For X windows I got some stuff from:

ftp://ftp.ctrl-c.liu.se/unix/linux/wingel/spline-950718.tar.gz

Note this does not do hinting, it just does the outlines.

--

Philips Semiconductors Ltd
Southampton                                 My views are my own.

C Library to display Truetype fonts?

Post by Dann Corbi » Tue, 23 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I can send you some code to convert the quadratic splines into polygons.
Then you should be able to display the polygons on any output device
that knows how to render a polygon.

Quote:> I was wondering if anyone know of any freeware,shareware, etc. libraries

.