Stained glass?

Post by Alex Magido » Sun, 27 Sep 1998 04:00:00

How would you make a stained glass window in Moray? Would you just use
an image map? If so, how do you specify the trans/filter?

Stained glass?

Post by Ken » Sun, 27 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> How would you make a stained glass window in Moray? Would you just use
> an image map? If so, how do you specify the trans/filter?

Easy as pie !

object{window
 texture {
  pigment {
   image_map { tga "stained.tga" filter_all 0.9 interpolate 2 }
     scale x.x }
      finish {Your_Glass_Finish }
    //   interior { ior x.x } // For Pov 3.1 syntax
 }

Quote:}

Ken Tyler

Stained glass?

Post by Dan Connell » Sun, 27 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> How would you make a stained glass window in Moray? Would you just use
> an image map? If so, how do you specify the trans/filter?

I can't speak for Moray, but for POV, from the doc entry
for image_map :
====================
IMAGE_MAP:

pigment{
image_map{ BITMAP_TYPE "bitmap.ext" [IMAGE_MAP_MODS...] }
[PIGMENT_MODFIERS...]

Quote:}

BITMAP_TYPE:

gif | tga | iff | ppm | pgm | png | sys

IMAGE_MAP_MOD:

map_type Type | once | interpolate Type |
filter Palette, Amount | filter all Amount |
transmit Palette, Amount | transmit all Amount

=====================

Note "filter all" and "transmit all" are probably what you
want.

A good example of this is from the Jan-Feb 1998 IRTC
by Nathan O'Brien :

http://www.irtc.org/stills/1997-02-28.html (see first place)

Dan
--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/

Stained glass?

Post by Brook Monro » Mon, 28 Sep 1998 04:00:00

The texture editor supports that already, to some extent.  With 256-color
image maps, you can specify that info by individual palette index.

Post by Alex Magido » Mon, 28 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> The texture editor supports that already, to some extent.  With 256-color
> image maps, you can specify that info by individual palette index.

How do you determine the pallete index number of a certain color?

> > How would you make a stained glass window in Moray? Would you just use
> > an image map? If so, how do you specify the trans/filter?

Stained glass?

Post by Ken » Mon, 28 Sep 1998 04:00:00

If you have a program like PaintShopPro you can open
your image up and then use the color picker function.
Choose to edit the color and the palette index is displayed
for you. Do this for each color in the image and write it
down. You then can apply a filter/transmit factor for
each color in the image you plan to use. It really is much
easier to use the "filter all" keyword instead and let POV-Ray
handle reading the palette index for you.

Ken Tyler

> > The texture editor supports that already, to some extent.  With 256-color
> > image maps, you can specify that info by individual palette index.

> How do you determine the pallete index number of a certain color?

> > > How would you make a stained glass window in Moray? Would you just use
> > > an image map? If so, how do you specify the trans/filter?

1. Class Schedule for "Stained Glass Window"

I use Free Agent and couldn't make any sense out of this. Can you post
in straight text so I can find out where to go to get your class
schedule? Thanks. :)

=Phantom=
Phantom Inspirations: http://www.frontiernet.net/~phantom7/
(no underworld to e-mail me)

2. Upgrade Advice? New to NT...

3. Stained Glass Window

4. Win PM6.5: Interesting templates

5. Design software for Stained Glass projects??

6. L3100 graqphics card

7. Stained Glass Windows

8. stained glass window imagemaps-churchy...

9. Povray stained glass window

10. Stained Glass - How?

11. Povray: stained glass

12. Stained Glass Windows Using POVRAY