Need References for Fractal Geometry

Post by n.. » Fri, 02 Feb 1990 20:56:00

Can anybody suggest references for fractal geometry, for a survey
paper that I will be writing on this topic, for a computer graphics
course ?

               Naim
               {ihnp4, chinet}!nucsrl!naim

Post by arc.. » Fri, 02 Feb 1990 21:59:00

> Can anybody suggest references for fractal geometry, for a survey
> paper that I will be writing on this topic, for a computer graphics
> course ?

>           Naim
>           {ihnp4, chinet}!nucsrl!naim

the two best survey books on the subject are The Fractal Geometry
of Nature, by Benoit Mandelbrot, and The Beauty of Fractals, by
Peitgen & Richter.  These are both introductory works.  Both stress
math more than computer graphics, however.

archer sully

ucbvax!sgi!archer