RENDERPARK: Global Illumination software

RENDERPARK: Global Illumination software

Post by Philip Dut » Thu, 10 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Those of you interested in global illumination should take a look at
our program RENDERPARK, which is being developed as part of ongoing
research in the Computer Graphics Research Group, Leuven, Belgium.

The renderer currently offers:

- Galerkin radiosity (both gathering and shooting) with (or without)
  hierarchical refinement, higher order approximations, clustering,
  view-importance, ...
- stochastic ray radiosity
- ray-casting, classic and stochastic ray-tracing

It is known to compile and run fine on a SUN Sparcstation (with LEO graphics
hardware and the Nth Protable GL), under Linux (with Mesa, a free OpenGL
like graphics library) and on a number of SGI machines (with OpenGL).

You can retrieve the source code and example scene files
(MGF format) from the URL:

http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/cwis/research/graphics/RENDERPARK/

You can build on it for your research too if you like (hooks are provided
already for your ultimate rendering algorithm).

Best regards,

Philip Dutre

|http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~philipd/ Computer Graphics Research Group|
|Phone: ++32 16 327667                  Katholieke Universiteit Leuven  |
|Fax:   ++32 16 327996                  Celestijnenlaan 200A            |
|Office: C200, A.01.44                  B-3001 Heverlee, BELGIUM        |

1. Global illumination bibliography update

ANNOUNCE: 96/09/01 Release of RADBIB96
--------------------------------------
RADBIB96 is a comprehensive bibliography of radiosity and
related global illumination papers, theses, articles, and
books. A total of 41 new references have been added since
its last release on July 1, 1996, bringing the total to
975 references.

This bibliography is available in refer format (ASCII text)
as RADBIB96.TXT (with a release date of September 1, 1996)
from:

  http://www.ledalite.com/library-/rrt.htm

and as compressed RadBib96.Z from:

  ftp://hobbes.lbl.gov/pub/doc

A gzip-compressed BibTex-format version is available from:

  ftp.cs.columbia.edu/archives/bibliographies/Graphics/rad.html

but it may be a previous release.

As always, it is time-consuming and sometimes difficult to
track down conference papers and theses on radiosity and global
illumination. If you know of a relevant reference that is not
included in the bibliography, please let me know so that I can
include it in the next release.

Ian Ashdown, P. Eng.                 |             READ THE BOOK!
Research & Development Manager       |  Radiosity: A Programmer's Perspective
Ledalite Architectural Products Inc. |             by Ian Ashdown
                                     |         John Wiley & Sons, 1994
Visit http://www.ledalite.com        |      (Sneaky Internet Advertising)

2. Help need

3. SIGGRAPH 96 Global Illumination Course Erratum

4. Points of intersection plane/box ?

5. New Freeware Global Illumination Renderer with source code

6. In need of Window Layering algorithms

7. global illumination compendium

8. 100 Designer TrueType Fonts & FREE Type Effects Software

9. New WinOSi Release 0.4 - Freeware Global Illumination Renderer

10. ANN: Radiosity and Global Illumination bibliographies updated