.TIFF to .GIF or .JPG conversion program needed

.TIFF to .GIF or .JPG conversion program needed

Post by Matt Cra » Fri, 17 May 1996 04:00:00

I was wondering if someone could help me here, I am in need of a .TIFF to
.GIF or .JPG conversion program for a school project.  If someone knows of
an adress of one or can uuencode and send me one, I would be most
apprciative!  I have tried to look with archie, but with no success.
Thanks in advance!

--
   ----      Rule of the Road:    "Gripping  the  wheel  his knuckles  white
 /  __  \   "Drive offensively,    with desire.  The wheels  of his  Mustang

Post by Bamb » Sat, 18 May 1996 04:00:00

> I was wondering if someone could help me here, I am in need of a .TIFF to
> .GIF or .JPG conversion program for a school project.  If someone knows of
> an adress of one or can uuencode and send me one, I would be most
> apprciative!  I have tried to look with archie, but with no success.
> Thanks in advance!

You could try Display by Jin-Shin Ho. It converts from lots of formats to
lots of formats including the conversion you want. I do not know the
address exactly where to find it, but you can download it through my
WWW-page.

Just go to the URL:
  http://student.twi.tudelft.nl/~s884261/misc/
and you will find a link to "Display 1.89". That will do the trick.

Marcel Versteeg

            ..,,,.
         .;;;;;;;;;;,.               World Wide Web Page:
         `;;;;;;;;;;;;;,               http://student.twi.tudelft.nl/~s884261/
           `:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
            .;;;;;;;;;;;;;::,
           ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;:::%,              Personal E-mail:

   `SSSSSSSSSSSSs;%%,%%%%%%%%%%%SSSS'
      `SSSSSSSSSSS%;%;sSSSS;""""
          """""" %%;SSSSSS;
                 `;SSSSS;

Post by Graham To » Tue, 21 May 1996 04:00:00

>I was wondering if someone could help me here, I am in need of a .TIFF to
>..GIF or .JPG conversion program for a school project.  If someone knows of
>an adress of one or can uuencode and send me one, I would be most
>apprciative!  I have tried to look with archie, but with no success.
>Thanks in advance!
>--
>   ----      Rule of the Road:    "Gripping  the  wheel  his knuckles  white
> /  __  \   "Drive offensively,    with desire.  The wheels  of his  Mustang
>|  ,  ,  |   the life you save     exploding on the highway like a slug from
>|   __   |   Could be your own!"   a  .45.   True death:  400 horsepower  of

It depends upon your system, but if you are using Windows, try Graphic
Workshop For Windows produced by Alchemy Mindworks.  It converts
through a wide range of formats, has a thumbnail facility, and will
even uudecode on the fly.  Go to:

http://www.mindworkshop.com/

for Alchemy Mindworks home page.  There you can get the Gif
Construction Set which will also allow you to produce (very easily)
animated .gif images.

Graham Todd

.TIFF to .GIF or .JPG conversion program needed

Post by Meiste » Thu, 23 May 1996 04:00:00

Hi, Matt

Quote:> I was wondering if someone could help me here, I am in need of a .TIFF to
> .GIF or .JPG conversion program for a school project.  If someone knows of
> an adress of one

you have to search for "XLI" or "JPGSRC", then you'll get a lot of C
sources for your school project.

Gru?,
Detlef

1. GIF/TIFF conversion programs

Hello,

In order to read our home-made GIF files into a desktop publishing
program (VENTURA) we need to convert them into TIFF format. Since
this is the only conversion we need the complete packages as described
in the `READ THIS FIRST' posting  are a bit too large for our purposes.
Our GIF files are in the 87a format, our VENTURA is from 1988 (version 2.0)
so it probably will not accept the newest TIFF formats.

If anyone out there could mail us either the source or tell us where
to FTP it from, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

2. NEW SITE!!!

3. Need utility for CCIT G4 TIFF to GIF conversion for Unix

4. How to print curves to a laserprinter from gnuplot (x11)

5. Need TIFF-GIF-rgb conversion tool

6. Need info on Sun raster to TIFF/GIF conversion

7. Need TIFF to X 11 Pixmap conversion program

8. ImageMagick TIFF to JPG conversion

9. TIFF to JPG conversion

10. Modeling program and conversion programs needed

11. TIFF/GIF/JPEG/JPG/BMP/etc