could neone help me in getting Tiff Images RGB,CMYK color formats with associated/unassociated alpha

could neone help me in getting Tiff Images RGB,CMYK color formats with associated/unassociated alpha

Post by sophianancydh » Fri, 12 Oct 2001 03:22:37

Photoshop does not deal with the extra sample tag in the TIFF file
when i try to make the make background transparent.So i couldnt get a
tiff file thru fotoshop with associated or unassociated alpha.

Post by Moritz Moelle » Fri, 12 Oct 2001 19:09:16

> Photoshop does not deal with the extra sample tag in the TIFF file
> when i try to make the make background transparent.So i couldnt get a
> tiff file thru fotoshop with associated or unassociated alpha.

Hmm, don't quite get what you mean.
In case the alpha was associated and Photoshop multiplied again (or you
loaded the alpha as a mask and cut the image out using it), you can
choose Layer->Matting->Remove Black Matte on the image layer. This
divides by alpha.
Im not aware of a way to get back the unassociated alpha in PS but I
can't imagine a reason why you would want it anyway.

Regards,

Moritz

1. help rgb->cmyk, ycc->cmyk, TIFF

Hi,

I am interested in information on how to convert from Kodak PhotoCD (YCC)
to CMYK, from RGB to CMYK, and on TIFF (versions 5.0 and 6.0).
Any info on these or pointers to who might know would be much
appreciated.
Many thanks

Hamish McNaughton

2. Does anyone know a good ftp-server with convolver and andromedia?

3. How do you?

4. TIFF(CMYK) conversion to jpeg/tiff(RGB)

5. OpenGL Accelerators?

6. tiff(rgb) -> tiff(cmyk)

7. NURBS algorithms - HELP!!!

8. How do i Convert a CMYK Color to RGB Color

9. RGB to CMYK gets muddy

10. CMYK ps to RGB TIFF?

11. CMYK TIFF -> RGB

12. Saving Pictures in Tiff CMYK or RGB??