How to cut off peaces from a selection?

Post by humanwor » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 20:42:28

I know that I can add to a existing selection like in Photoshop with
the shift-key. The opposite in Photoshop is done via the alt-key, but
in Paint Shop Pro that key-combination makes something like copy and
replace. I know I could just reverse the selection and then use the
shift-key to add something to the selection and then reverse it all
again. But there surely must be some key to get the same effect in a
simpler way. Unfortunately on my working place there is only the basic
manual left, the reference manual got lost. The help menue in the
program itself does not offer any information about the use of such a
key either. Hope it exists anyway and someone in this newsgroup knows
and tells...

How to cut off peaces from a selection?

Post by Ronald Vic » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:11:45

Quote:>I know that I can add to a existing selection like in Photoshop with
>the shift-key. The opposite in Photoshop is done via the alt-key, but
>in Paint Shop Pro that key-combination makes something like copy and
>replace. I know I could just reverse the selection and then use the
>shift-key to add something to the selection and then reverse it all
>again. But there surely must be some key to get the same effect in a
>simpler way. Unfortunately on my working place there is only the basic
>manual left, the reference manual got lost. The help menue in the
>program itself does not offer any information about the use of such a
>key either. Hope it exists anyway and someone in this newsgroup knows
>and tells...

I clicked the Help entry, selected Key(word), typed in 'Subtract' and
got this, among other info.

"To remove an area from a selection using the Selection and Freehand
tools, press and hold down the <Ctrl> key while outlining the area you
want to remove.
To remove an area from a selection using the Magic Wand tool, press
and hold down the <Ctrl> key while clicking the area you want to
remove.

Vixen of Verbiage"

BTW, "Vixen of Verbiage" only shows up when one does a copy/paste from
the help file.

Jaggiemeister Ron - PSP terrorist
Questions? Answers at http://campratty.com/questions.html

Post by Kris Zaklik » Thu, 25 Jul 2002 01:51:55

> I know that I can add to a existing selection like in Photoshop with
> the shift-key. The opposite in Photoshop is done via the alt-key, but
> in Paint Shop Pro that key-combination makes something like copy and
> replace. I know I could just reverse the selection and then use the
> shift-key to add something to the selection and then reverse it all
> again. But there surely must be some key to get the same effect in a
> simpler way. Unfortunately on my working place there is only the basic
> manual left, the reference manual got lost. The help menue in the
> program itself does not offer any information about the use of such a
> key either. Hope it exists anyway and someone in this newsgroup knows
> and tells...

Read my answer to your first post with this question.

Kris Zaklika              Jasc Software, Inc.                   The