card for ppc 6100, 7100, 8100

Post by nia » Thu, 16 Apr 1998 04:00:00

hi

i just have a material question...
i've heard that newtek and some other compagnies produces accelerators
cards for poxwer mac 6100, 7100 and 8100.
this card can be connected with pds port.

does anyone ever test one?
does it provide full acceleration for graphic software?

thanks

card for ppc 6100, 7100, 8100

Post by Eric Ols » Fri, 24 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> hi

> i just have a material question...
> i've heard that newtek and some other compagnies produces accelerators
> cards for poxwer mac 6100, 7100 and 8100.
> this card can be connected with pds port.

> does anyone ever test one?
> does it provide full acceleration for graphic software?

> thanks

Last I heard, they have not yet shipped, although their release was
imminent.  The reason I heard was to make them compatible with the built
in PDS video cards that came with this series. I just bought a G3 to
replace my 8100 and am anxious to know myself.  I'd love to upgrade the
8100  for my wife.

Eric

--
If I had anything to say, You'd read it here.

1. *****HPV card for 6100/7100/8100/clones*****

I have a high performance video card for sale that works in the
6100/7100/8100 (and clones) Power Macs.  Adapter available for 6100.  Uses
PDS.  Has 2 MB on board, and is expandable to 4 MB.  Has both a standard
Macintosh monitor port and a separate VGA monitor port.  Works fine--age
about 4 months, I just don1t use it anymore.  I1ll pay shipping to you.
$250.00   Email me if interested.  Thanks

Gary

2. Software Architect Opening

3. FS: 8100/7100 video card

4. Good filters?

5. Can 6100 AV card go into 8100?

6. Supercomputing '93-Call for Papers

7. FS: 256K L2 Cache for PM6100/7100/8100

8. 6100 7100 video

9. FS: Mac 6100/7100 Hardware & Games

10. 6100 PPC + DOS card ?

11. Need Advice: AV Card for PPC 6100