Please help: from scanned image to embroidery !

Please help: from scanned image to embroidery !

Post by Harmann » Sun, 11 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Can somebody help me?
My mother wants to make some embroideries from pictures of children and
dogs...
So I'm looking for a way to convert a scanned image, say a photograph, into
an embroidery pattern, which basically is the same image mapped on a raster
made of symbols.

Does anybody have any experience with applications like this? Where can I
find/buy this kind of software?

Thnx in advance!

Ronny

Please help: from scanned image to embroidery !

Post by Cindy Grove » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

By the way, the website for PCStitch is http://www.pcstitch.com and the site
for Pattern Maker is http://www.hobbyware.com.  Both sites have downloadable
demos so you can try the programs out.  Also, both are only available for
Windows 3.1 or 95/98.

Cindy Groves

Please help: from scanned image to embroidery !

Post by Cindy Grove » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>Can somebody help me?
>My mother wants to make some embroideries from pictures of children and
>dogs...
>So I'm looking for a way to convert a scanned image, say a photograph, into
>an embroidery pattern, which basically is the same image mapped on a raster
>made of symbols.

>Does anybody have any experience with applications like this? Where can I
>find/buy this kind of software?

>Thnx in advance!

>Ronny

Hello! I've been lurking here for a couple of days and I noticed your post.
I'm not sure if by "embroidery" you mean cross-stitch.  If you do mean
cross-stitch, there are several good programs designed to let you convert
photos to cross-stitch charts, and some will even print the "x's" onto
fabric if your printer lets you do that.

The one I have is Pattern Maker for Windows.  It's put out by HobbyWare and
it was about $110 when I got it. There are cheaper programs, including
PCStitch.  I don't know if you use a Mac or a PC - there are more programs
available for PC's, I think.  Anyway, if you leaf through cross-stitch
magazines at a news stand, you will see several ads for cross-stitch
software.

Good Luck!

Cindy Groves

Please help: from scanned image to embroidery !

Post by Cindy Grove » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>Can somebody help me?
>My mother wants to make some embroideries from pictures of children and
>dogs...
>So I'm looking for a way to convert a scanned image, say a photograph, into
>an embroidery pattern, which basically is the same image mapped on a raster
>made of symbols.

>Does anybody have any experience with applications like this? Where can I
>find/buy this kind of software?

>Thnx in advance!

>Ronny

Hello! I've been lurking here for a couple of days and I noticed your post.
I'm not sure if by "embroidery" you mean cross-stitch.  If you do mean
cross-stitch, there are several good programs designed to let you convert
photos to cross-stitch charts, and some will even print the "x's" onto
fabric if your printer lets you do that.

The one I have is Pattern Maker for Windows.  It's put out by HobbyWare and
it was about $110 when I got it. There are cheaper programs, including
PCStitch.  I don't know if you use a Mac or a PC - there are more programs
available for PC's, I think.  Anyway, if you leaf through cross-stitch
magazines at a news stand, you will see several ads for cross-stitch
software.

Good Luck!

Cindy Groves

1. Please help: from scanned image to embroidery !

Can somebody help me?
My mother wants to make some embroideries from pictures of children and
dogs...
So I'm looking for a way to convert a scanned image, say a photograph, into
an embroidery pattern, which basically is the same image mapped on a raster
made of symbols.

Does anybody have any experience with applications like this? Where can I
find/buy this kind of software?

Thnx in advance!

Ronny

2. idea - monitoring sound volume

3. Help with scanned JPG Images Please !!?!?

4. object replacement server plugin

5. Need help converting scanned images to .GIF -- please?

6. WWW Site for 3D Computer Graphics: 3DSite

7. Advice please: printing scanned images on LJ4M

8. Metamation and Gizmo setup question.

9. PLEASE HELP HELP HELP PLEASE HELP

10. Need some scanning help please

11. Tetrahedron Scan Conversion (3D) : Please Help

12. Scanning help please!