displacement round edges

Post by stephen murph » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

i've made a point displacement on
a spherical nurb object -  based
on a fractal noise function
the problem i'm having is that around the sides
-where we see the surfaces side on - the indentations of
the displacement pop on as the object rotates -
the inner displacement is ok .
 i've put the shading rate down
and the grid size up ,etc but cannot
get rid of this temp*artefact.

displacement round edges

Post by T. Burg » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>i've made a point displacement on
>a spherical nurb object -  based
>on a fractal noise function
>the problem i'm having is that around the sides
>-where we see the surfaces side on - the indentations of
>the displacement pop on as the object rotates -
>the inner displacement is ok .
> i've put the shading rate down
>and the grid size up ,etc but cannot
>get rid of this temp*artefact.

I don't know how you setup your displacement shader, but have you tried
setting the dice attribute:
   Attribute "dice" "binary" [1]

1. Rounding edges with Poly Edge Shaper plug in

I've tried using it with various settings, but the results are always odd.
I've included an attachment showing the result of the plugin applied to a
box.
Do I have to use the plugin on each ploy separately or something?

Thanks for any help.

2. Portrait filter

3. displacement stretching and edges

4. Graphics Tools for Students !!