Experienced RenderMan Lighting and Shading TD’s Needed In London

Experienced RenderMan Lighting and Shading TD’s Needed In London

Post by Evan Hirs » Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:52:03

Vanguard Animation is hiring experienced Lighting and Shading
TD’s to work on Valiant. This is the first studio backed, 3D
animated feature in Europe and will be starting production this
autumn.  As the show will be done at Ealing Studios in London,
England, you must hold a passport from a country in either the
European Union or the British Commonwealth.  Ideally, you have
experience with Maya or Houdini, a penchant for problem solving and
great attention to detail.  At this time, we are only accepting reels
from applicants with at least 2 years RenderMan production experience.

If you are interested in applying for these positions, please e-mail

in your subject line: “RenderMan TD”.   (If you are
applying for a lighting position and you have experience with
painting, lighting live action or studio photography, please be sure
to include examples of that work as well.)  In addition, to ensure
that your reel receives our immediate attention, please immediately
send us a CV, Shot List and Reel to:

RenderMan TD
Vanguard Animation
Ealing Studios
Ealing Green
London W5 5EP

1. Change in printer’s alters publication

Recently we have moved office. This move involved us taking our
original computers and hooking them up to a new server with Hewlett
Packard 2200 DTN printers (we used to use VERY old apple laser
writers).

We have a lot of work that have been created with templates that have
all the corporate styles set up with in them for the company that we
work for.

Once we got the old computers up and running on new server we removed
the old printer drivers and then installed the new HP network printer
drivers. Also I made sure that the correct PPD file was in the right
place so that it can be chosen in the PageMaker print menu.

The only problem we now have, (and to me it seems quite strange) is
that some of the documents that are currently work in progress which
have been created with the templates have had some of the page lay out
change when work has continued on them. When you go in to the document
and re-set the styles then the page layout returns.

At the moment this only seems to happen to the documents where the
PageMaker styles have been used to create the whole publication!

If any one could tell me what is happening then I would be most
grateful.

Yours in Lame Need Nick…

2. Help Please...Fonts don't show properly

3. Lead TD, Modeling Director and Lighting/Rendering TD

4. TPicture

5. Spell check - how?

6. OpenGL Shading Language <-> RenderMan Shading Language

7. smooth shading & lighting problem

8. Experienced CG animator requires work (London area)

9. How to attend the Renderman user group meeting in London