Newbie of newbie - help please !

Post by A Blok » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:56:29

I have just downloaded the beta 3 of PSP 8 and after using Photoshop 7, I am
absolutely perplexed as to where to start !
On A.P.7 I'd use the eye dropper tool to get the exact colour of the pic I
was altering - how do I do it here ?
Loads of questions to folow !

Newbie of newbie - help please !

Post by A Blok » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:58:54

Well - thats sorted quickly ! Same pretty much, isnt it ?
Still loads more questions to come though !

Quote:> I have just downloaded the beta 3 of PSP 8 and after using Photoshop 7, I
am
> absolutely perplexed as to where to start !
> On A.P.7 I'd use the eye dropper tool to get the exact colour of the pic I
> was altering - how do I do it here ?
> Loads of questions to folow !

Newbie of newbie - help please !

Post by A Blok » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 23:19:54

Heres one - how do I select a colour ?

Quote:> I have just downloaded the beta 3 of PSP 8 and after using Photoshop 7, I
am
> absolutely perplexed as to where to start !
> On A.P.7 I'd use the eye dropper tool to get the exact colour of the pic I
> was altering - how do I do it here ?
> Loads of questions to folow !

Newbie of newbie - help please !

Post by Paul D. Sulliva » Tue, 11 Mar 2003 01:12:33

Why abandoned?

Quote:> On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 14:19:54 -0000, "A Bloke"

> >Heres one - how do I select a colour ?

> Double click the Fore/background swatchs in the materials
palette
> pretty much the same as in Photoshop.  You'll be better served
using
> the Jasc beta newsgroup to post questions, this group has been
pretty
> much abandonned by serious PSP users.

Newbie of newbie - help please !

Post by Nanett » Tue, 11 Mar 2003 01:36:53

Most of the serious users are using the Beta and there is much more help
available to learn the new program.

--
Nanette

www.nanettes-place.com
PSP Private Beta Tester 7 & 8
www.lvsonline.com  / custom brushes, PSP Out of the Box, Stationery for OE
owner/moderator Annexcafe Downhome Stationery Group

> Why abandoned?

> > On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 14:19:54 -0000, "A Bloke"

> > >Heres one - how do I select a colour ?

> > Double click the Fore/background swatchs in the materials
> palette
> > pretty much the same as in Photoshop.  You'll be better served
> using
> > the Jasc beta newsgroup to post questions, this group has been
> pretty
> > much abandonned by serious PSP users.

Newbie of newbie - help please !

Post by Paul D. Sulliva » Tue, 11 Mar 2003 01:41:15

But what if you want help with like 5, 6 or 7?

> Most of the serious users are using the Beta and there is much
more help
> available to learn the new program.

> --
> Nanette

> www.nanettes-place.com
> PSP Private Beta Tester 7 & 8
> www.lvsonline.com  / custom brushes, PSP Out of the Box,
Stationery for OE
> owner/moderator Annexcafe Downhome Stationery Group

> > Why abandoned?

> > > On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 14:19:54 -0000, "A Bloke"

> > > Double click the Fore/background swatchs in the materials
> > palette
> > > pretty much the same as in Photoshop.  You'll be better
served
> > using
> > > the Jasc beta newsgroup to post questions, this group has
been
> > pretty
> > > much abandonned by serious PSP users.

Newbie of newbie - help please !

Post by Ronald Vic » Tue, 11 Mar 2003 02:24:04

On Sun, 09 Mar 2003 16:41:15 GMT, "Paul D. Sullivan"

>But what if you want help with like 5, 6 or 7?

In spite of the troll troop and their foolish posts, there will be
someone here with a serious answer.

Jaggiemeister Ron- PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter, Executive Officer.
FAQs at http://www.sonic.net/~argyriou/psp/faq.html
Very FAQ at http://campratty.com/questions.html
My tips at http://hometown.aol.com/ronaldlvick/index.htm

Newbie of newbie - help please !

Post by Sally Beacha » Tue, 11 Mar 2003 02:43:53

Quote:> Why abandoned?

Because it's overrun with trolls who have no interest in the program.  They
are interested, however, in making life miserable for anyone else who IS
interested in the program.

Feel free to ask questions, just killfile the usual suspects and someone
will come along with a real answer.

--
Sally Beacham / www.dizteq.com
www.lvsonline.com / PSP, Filter Frenzy, Xara X

> > On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 14:19:54 -0000, "A Bloke"

> > >Heres one - how do I select a colour ?

> > Double click the Fore/background swatchs in the materials
> palette
> > pretty much the same as in Photoshop.  You'll be better served
> using
> > the Jasc beta newsgroup to post questions, this group has been
> pretty
> > much abandonned by serious PSP users.

Newbie of newbie - help please !

Post by A Blok » Tue, 11 Mar 2003 06:17:16

Thanks Lurker. Good info. You're a gent !

> >Heres one - how do I select a colour ?

> Double click the Fore/background swatchs in the materials palette
> pretty much the same as in Photoshop.  You'll be better served using
> the Jasc beta newsgroup to post questions, this group has been pretty
> much abandonned by serious PSP users.

Newbie of newbie - help please !

Post by A Blok » Tue, 11 Mar 2003 06:19:18

Hm. I seemed to have started an alternative thread, which isnt answering
questions ! ;-) Could anyone point me in the direction of good PSP
newsgroups, then ? TA.

Post by Uni » Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:45:49

> Why abandoned?

Because the so called power users need someone's hand to hold while
learning PSP-8.

:-)

Uni

> > On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 14:19:54 -0000, "A Bloke"

> > >Heres one - how do I select a colour ?

> > Double click the Fore/background swatchs in the materials
> palette
> > pretty much the same as in Photoshop.  You'll be better served
> using
> > the Jasc beta newsgroup to post questions, this group has been
> pretty
> > much abandonned by serious PSP users.

Newbie of newbie - help please !

Post by Mike » Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:57:19

Quote:> this group has been pretty
> much abandonned by serious PSP users.

Too bad.  Now run away.

":^) ?

--
                      Mike

             € Logo Design €
  Put some fun in your next logo!

Site at:  http://www.artistmike.com

Newbie of newbie - help please !

Post by Mike » Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:58:08

Quote:> But what if you want help with like 5, 6 or 7?

Too bad, they don't care about you.

":^) ?

--

Post by Mike » Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:59:44

wrote on 3/9/03 9:43 AM:

>> Why abandoned?

> Because it's overrun with trolls...

Learn to control what you read, silly Sally.

You just don't know how to use your newsreader.

":^) ?

--
                      Mike

             € Logo Design €
  Put some fun in your next logo!

Site at:  http://www.artistmike.com

Newbie of newbie - help please !

Post by Mike » Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:00:21

Quote:> Hm. I seemed to have started an alternative thread, which isnt answering
> questions ! ;-) Could anyone point me in the direction of good PSP
> newsgroups, then ?

No.

":^) ?

--
                      Mike

             € Logo Design €
  Put some fun in your next logo!

Site at:  http://www.artistmike.com

1. Help help help.for newbie PLEASE

Greetings.

I have a PowerPC and want to produce mumerous pages of geneology
history/info using Pagemaker 6.

I have dozens of half tones I need scanned, but not a lot of space left
on the hard disk where I would like to keep them because I will use them
often

What would you experts suggest I scan them as, to save HD space (but
also remembering that I need quality reproduction).

Tiff, or gif or jpg, or what? I have Photoshop but haven't learned to
use it yet.

Can anyone please help a newbie to this lark?

Sue H

--

2. How to convert .bmp to .ico?

3. Help needed...(please help a clueless newbie)

4. Thought I would share the solution to a problem that has tortured me for years!

5. JPEG file size? Please help newbie

6. Fonts in Pagemaker 7

7. HELP a NEWBIE, please!

8. OT: Pingprogram

9. PLEASE HELP A NEWBIE!!!!

10. Newbie - please help a slow learner :)

11. RayTracing Newbie Please Help !!!

12. -KWII- Newbie needs help please! (POV-Ray)

13. help a newbie addict!please