alpha channel and transparent GIFs

Post by Dave Fletche » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 01:44:39

I need to create a transparent GIF that will be placed inside the cell of a
table.  The project book, Dreamweaver Magic, used PhotoShop to create it's
GIFs w/ anti-aliasing turned off and transparency to Alpha.  The purpose of
this is to allow a mouseover that will change the color of the cell.
How do you do this using PSP7

--
Thanks

Dave

1. alpha channels, alpha channels

Its not too often I'm intimidated by semantics, but this is one of those cases.
It sounds like a term Scotty would have used to explain why the teleporter
wasn't working that day, but its too important not to grasp, I've had enough.
Everything I've read describes what they do and I have definite ideas about
how I want to use them, but the only way I'll penetrate the kernel of
understanding is through a step-by-step tutorial.  All the learning material
seems to stop short right at that point.  I'd love to be able to create
seamless texturemaps and transparent masks but so far its been like,
"okay, so I've saved this black and white layer thing."  Could anyone
out there spin me around and point me in a direction?  As applied mainly
to Photoshop and 3DStudio at this point.

2. Where can I find Ghostscript?

3. alpha channels - transparent vs opaque for raytrace

4. How to create an mpeg file

5. Transparent TexMaps & Alpha Channels

6. RADIOSITY ???

7. Spot channels vs. Alpha channels

8. pagemaker exporting to pdf problems

9. Define: Alpha channels,Channels.Grayscale,Layers

10. Incorrect alpha channel blending (2 channel output with Digital Media)

11. Newbie: Alpha channel, Anti aliasing text and 2 channel CCIR 601 video cards

12. alpha channel when alpha blending

13. How to do interlaced gifs and transparent gifs?