Full-Text Search/Picture Database

Post by Andreas Heinle » Thu, 14 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

does someone know good shareware programs for
a) full text search across multiple (plain text) files.
b) creating a picture database

I'm looking for programs running on either the MacOS or DOS/Windows 3.1.
Any help will be appreciated.

(Sorry if this one is off-topic, but I have no Idea where to ask for this.
Hope you won't mind :-)

Thanks in advance,
Andi

Please cc: replies to my email address.

Andreas Heinlein aka the Blue Speedy

Full-Text Search/Picture Database

Post by Steven M. Hudso » Fri, 15 Mar 1996 04:00:00

When you say "picture database", if you are referring to a program that
will scan your hard drive for graphic image files, build up catalogs of
same by category and provide thumbnail icons for preview:

Do a Net search for Jasc Media Center

>Hello,

>does someone know good shareware programs for
>a) full text search across multiple (plain text) files.
>b) creating a picture database

>I'm looking for programs running on either the MacOS or DOS/Windows 3.1.
>Any help will be appreciated.

>(Sorry if this one is off-topic, but I have no Idea where to ask for this.
>Hope you won't mind :-)

>Thanks in advance,
>Andi

>Please cc: replies to my email address.

>Andreas Heinlein aka the Blue Speedy

1. Searching for Public Domain Brain & Neuron Databases

        I am looking for publically accessible sources of data depicting brain
and neuron functions.  Especially interesting would be volumetric data from
brain scans, electromicographs, and so forth.  Please email me and let me know
if you know of such.

The HumBio Project is a CD-ROM-based curriculum tool for sixth-, seventh-, and
eigth-graders, studying the function of the human brain and the effects of
neurotransmitters, alcohol, and drugs.  The will be a special focus in depicting
the effects of neurotransmitters on behavior.
        Volotta Interactive Video is producing this project for Stanford Univers
ity.
We are currently in a pre-production phase and we are looking for data sets and
visualizations depicting brain function on the whole brain, neuron and molecular
levels.  We intend to use state-of-the-art visualization tools to render
instructive visualizations from two-, three-, and four-dimensional data sets as
well as using already-completed visualizations to their best effect.

2. FS: SGI monitor

3. Breaking News: Viewpoint Acquired!

4. Startrek Database Search Continues

5. REQ: model of USS Voyager

6. B-spline database search

7. Noise in monitor.

8. visual search in image database

9. Populating a database/search facility - HELP!

10. Pictures and a text box on a form with text scrolling