Where to get TIFF 6.0 specification?

Post by rick » Tue, 16 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Anyone know where I can get a copy of the TIFF 6.0 specification?

According to Microsoft, it appears that HP has become the curator of it.  If
so, this is really bad news.  The last time I had to deal with HP on a
standards issue (X3B11.1), the HP people were really underhanded and really
did both me and the public a * turn.

As a result of that experience, I avoid HP products and direct my customers
away from them.  Someday I will get real revenge, though.

Post by Tom La » Tue, 16 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> Anyone know where I can get a copy of the TIFF 6.0 specification?

ftp.sgi.com:/graphics/tiff/

Quote:> According to Microsoft, it appears that HP has become the curator of it.

Somehow, that's about the quality of information I'd expect from
Microsloth.  Adobe are the folks who bought out Aldus and hence now own
the TIFF copyright.  HP has nothing to do with TIFF.

Not that Adobe have been *doing* anything with TIFF, mind you, but
they nominally control the spec.

Quote:> [Gratuitous HP flamage deleted]

You're going to flame HP on a standards issue while saying nothing
about Microsoft?  You need your priorities readjusted.  At least
HP understand that there are bodies outside themselves who set
standards.

                        regards, tom lane
                        member, TIFF Advisory Committee

Post by Brian D Die » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>Anyone know where I can get a copy of the TIFF 6.0 specification?
>According to Microsoft, it appears that HP has become the curator of it.  If

About a year ago I downloaded it from the Adobe web site. It was an Aldus
document that was inherited into the Adobus (or Aldobe) world. The version
I downloaded at the time was in Acrobat format. It runs to about 120 pp, and
was dated June 3, 1992.

A note on the cover indicates copies are available at (206) 628-6593, but that's
no doubt an old Aldus number. Best bet is Adobe's web site, but it will take some
searching of their comprehensive index.

-Brian

--
Tektronix, Inc.           "Any ideas or opinions expressed here do not neces-
14075 SW Karl Braun Dr    sarily reflect the ideas or opinions of my employer."

Post by I?igo Lópe » Wed, 24 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> >Anyone know where I can get a copy of the TIFF 6.0 specification?

> >According to Microsoft, it appears that HP has become the curator of it.  If

> About a year ago I downloaded it from the Adobe web site. It was an Aldus
> document that was inherited into the Adobus (or Aldobe) world. The version
> I downloaded at the time was in Acrobat format. It runs to about 120 pp, and
> was dated June 3, 1992.

> A note on the cover indicates copies are available at (206) 628-6593, but that's
> no doubt an old Aldus number. Best bet is Adobe's web site, but it will take some
> searching of their comprehensive index.

I found the TIFF 6.0 specification at:

ftp://ftp.sgi.com/graphics/tiff/TIFF6.ps

1. TIFF 6.0 Draft Specification is available!

The draft specification of the TIFF 6.0 specification is availble on
CompuServe in Library 10 of the ALDSVC forum.  The file is TIFF60.ZIP
for the PC and TIFF6D.SIT for the Macintosh.  The draft is a PostScript
file.

If anyone obtains this draft please FTP it to titan.rice.edu or other
FTP sites.  I suppose it will eventually appear on comp.doc, but I'd
like to see it immediately.
--

2. Finding out what fonts were used?

3. Where to get TIFF 6.0 specification?

4. 'Illustrator --> Quark 3.31 ?'

5. tiff 6.0 (imgsnap on SGI) -> tiff 5.0

6. Bicubic Bezier Patch

7. TIFF Format Specification Required

8. X-Resources ignored by gnuplot?!

9. Is there a 16-bit TIFF file specification?

10. TIFF specification, Where?

11. Looking for .TIFF specification or PD source

12. 24 bit PCX && TIFF format specification

13. TIFF specifications?