Summus Tech, wavelets, video comp.

Post by Cliff Lazen » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Though I am not deeply acquainted with the technical details of wavelets,
I am wondering about some of the technology that is available to put
wavelets to practical use.

In particular, does anyone know anything about Summus Technologies?
(http://www.summus.com/)

And/or would you know of any other comparable technologies to Summus that
are out there?  (Whether using wavelets or just in general involving video
compression)  Any URLs would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Cliff Lazenby, Strategic Director
Alphanumerica

Summus Tech, wavelets, video comp.

Post by jim » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Have a look at our site www.shansys.com
regards
jim normile

> Though I am not deeply acquainted with the technical details of
> wavelets,
> I am wondering about some of the technology that is available to put
> wavelets to practical use.

> In particular, does anyone know anything about Summus Technologies?
> (http://www.summus.com/)

> And/or would you know of any other comparable technologies to Summus
> that
> are out there?  (Whether using wavelets or just in general involving
> video
> compression)  Any URLs would be most appreciated.

> Thanks.

> --
> Cliff Lazenby, Strategic Director
> Alphanumerica
> http://www.alphanumerica.com/
> New York, NY

1. Summus Wavelet Image Netscape Plugin available

Hi, everybody:

We just finished testing our Wavelet Image Netscape Plugin module.
We have a test page on our WWW site "http://www.summus.com". Please
check it out, though it is still under construction.  Our progressive
wavelet decompression is so much nicer than progressive JPEG.  In
addition, wavelet compression can achieve much higher compression
ratio and still retain higher image fidality.

Our compression algorithm has a lot very useful options which makes
it more attractive.  Options like "Focus Regions", "Contrast
Enhancement"
and "Edge Enhancement".  Please check out web pages to get more
information.

We welcome any questions, any comments and suggestions.  Please drop
us a message about your ideas.  Thanks.

-----
Yanbing Yu
Summus Ltd.

2. Face normal and vertex normal

3. Logo Contest

4. comp.graphics.algorithms comp.graphics.animation comp.graphics.opengl comp.graphics.visualization comp.sys.sgi.graphics

5. Starting Perl-Server from the command line - How?

6. 2D nonseparable wavelets, box wavelets

7. Wavelet radiosity with M2 and M3 wavelets

8. 2D nonseparable wavelets, box wavelets

9. 100:1 Wavelet Video Compression

10. 2D wavelet and video compression

11. comp.unix.msdos comp.unix.i386 comp.os.lynx comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware