High Level Architecture Training

Post by y.. » Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:00:00

* Introduction to High Level Architecture *

An introductory level course on the new, DMSO sponsored,
High Level Architecture initiative.  This course is an
excellent first review for Program Managers and Analysts.

Sept 22-24, 1997        Washington, DC
Oct  15-17, 1997        Orlando, Florida

* Interested in Building Distributed Simulation *
* Applications using DIS?  See the DiSTI WWW    *
* site (www.simulation.com) for information on our *
* 5-day hands on training seminars.             *

HLA Course Objectives

The objective of this course is to provide students with an
understanding of the functionality and goals of the new
High Level Architecture (HLA) initiative.  Students will
learn the basics of HLA, find out about the latest HLA
software tools, discuss ongoing HLA experiments, and learn
future plans for HLA.  Concepts will be reinforced through
exercises and application demonstrations.  Case studies and
migration strategies from DIS to HLA will be discussed
throughout the presentation.

Who Should Attend?

This class is designed for Managers, Project engineers,
Software engineers, System designers and Systems analysts
who anticipate future HLA system requirements or need to
become technically proficient for future HLA programs. This
course is oriented towards project engineers and managers,
current DIS users and developers.  Anyone who will be
involved with Modeling  and Simulation Applications will
benefit from this seminar.

Course Outline

I.  Introduction to Distributed Simulation
    Networked Simulation Environments
    Realtime Simulation
    Discrete Event Simulation
    The High Level Architecture Vision

II. Network Technology Overview
    Media
    Architecture
    The DIS & ALSP Protocols
       Entity State Communication
       Event Communication
       Dead Reckoning & Coordinate Systems
       Simulation Management

III.Object Oriented Environments
    Object Oriented Design and Analysis Review
    Examples of Distributed Object Models & Services

IV. Introduction to the High Level Architecture
    Scope of HLA
    Key Ideas
    Goals
    Controlling Organizations
    Basic Terminology
    Implementation Hierarchy
    How is HLA Different from DIS/ALSP
    Current HLA Programs
    HLA Protofederations and Related Programs

V.  Basic Components of the HLA
    HLA Object Models
       The Object Model Template
       HLA Rules for Object Models
       HLA Object Model Framework
    The Simulation Object Model (SOM)
Exercise # 1 : Building a Simulation Object Model
    HLA Federations
      What is a Federation
      What Does a Federation Do for Your Project
      Federation Rules
      The Federation Development and Execution Process
      Federation Object Model (FOM)
    Management Object Model
Exercise # 2 : Constructing a Federation Object Model

VI. The Runtime Infrastructure
    Interface Categories
    Functional View of the RTI
    Federation Management Services
    The Management Object Model
    Declaration Management Services
    Data Distribution Management
    Object Management Services
    Time Management Services
    Ownership Management Services
    Sample HLA Federates
    What Constitutes a Federate
    Federate Case Studies

VII.Planning your DIS to HLA Migration
    Issues
    Examples and Case Studies

VIII. HLA Compliance Requirements
IX. HLA Data Sources

Instructors

William K. Andrews graduated from the University of Illinois (Urbana)
with degrees in Engineering Computer Science and Engineering Mechanics.
Mr. Andrews is currently a member of the DIS development and training
staff at DiSTI, where he specializes in visual systems.  Mr. Andrews
has held positions at the Institute for Simulation and Training, Link
Simulation, and has consulted for numerous simulation companies.  He
has worked in the computer modeling field for the last eight years.

Darren D. Humphrey graduated from the University of Central Florida
with a B.S. in Computer Science.  Mr. Humphrey is currently a member of
DIS development and training staff at DiSTI.  Mr Humphrey has held
positions at the Institute for Simulation and Training and General
Dynamics.  He has worked in the simulation and training field for the
last five years.

Joseph M. Swinski graduated from the State University of New York with
a degree in Electrical Engineering.  Mr. Swinski is currently the
Information Systems Manager at the University of Central Florida.  Mr.
Swinski has held several positions in Network Administration over the
past 8 years. He worked as a Senior Network Engineer at General
Electric Company and as the Director of Data Communication at Hartwick
College.

Location

Sept 22-24, 1997        Washington, DC
Oct  15-17, 1997        Orlando, Florida

NOTE: Private On-Site training courses available.

The short course will be held at the DiSTI training facility in
Orlando.  Rooms have been reserved at various nearby hotels at their
corporate and government rates.  Upon confirmation of your registration
for the course, a list of accommodations will be sent to you.

Registration Instructions

The fee for the short course is $995 per attendee.  Registration
includes instruction, course materials and refreshment breaks.  Advance
registration is required.

Registration can be accomplished via FAX, mail, or electronic mail.
Registrations will be processed between 9:00AM - 6:00 PM EDT Monday
through Friday.  Please direct all registration questions to
(407) 339- 8288.

Cancellations

No refunds for cancellations less than 10 business days before start of
the class.  A $30 fee will be charged for cancellations prior to 10
business days.  Substitutions may be made at any time by written
notification to the registrar.  In the unlikely event that the course
must be canceled, liability is limited to the registration fee only.

* For more information, check out our WEB Site *
*            www.simulation.com                *
*           or call 407-339-8288               *
*           or fax  407-339-8202               *
*                                              *
*      email regist...@simulation.com          *

A PDF of the course information and registration form
can be found on-line at www.simulation.com

---------------------------------Cut Here------------------------------
Registration form

(1) Choose Course

(please check one) June 3 _____  July 22 _____

(2) Who Will Be Attending

Name____________________________________________________________

Title___________________________________________________________

Daytime phone____________________ FAX___________________________

Email Address___________________________________________________

Name____________________________________________________________

Title___________________________________________________________

Daytime phone____________________ FAX___________________________

Email Address___________________________________________________

Name____________________________________________________________

Title___________________________________________________________

Daytime phone____________________ FAX___________________________

Email Address___________________________________________________

(3) Registration Point of Contact

Organization ___________________________________________________

POC Name________________________________________________________

Address_________________________________________________________

City_____________________________ State__________ Zip __________

Daytime phone____________________ FAX___________________________

Email Address___________________________________________________

(4) Payment Method

Payment method (please check one) V/MC/AMEX___ Check___ DD-1556___

If paying by Credit Card, please fill out the following form:
+ I hereby authorize Distributed Simulation Technology Inc, to        |
+ charge the amount of $______ dollars to the American Express card   |
+ which I am authorized to sign for with the following account number |
+ ____________________________ and expiration date ___________.       |
|                                                                     |
| _______________________                                             |
| Authorized Signature                                                |

If paying by DD-1556, Box 37 ( Billing Address ) must be completed and
Box 33c must be sighned.  The registrar will then issue an invoice to
the address in Box 37

1. High-level cross-platform API (Galaxy compatible)

We are looking for a third party high-level API to interface with
our low-level API (Galaxy, ParkPlace, or Neuron Data) to provide
graphical visualization functionality.  We do NOT want a fully
stand-alone product, but rather something which can be easily
controlled from a custom GUI application.  In addition the API
must be cross-platform-compatible, offering full functionality on
Suns, PCs, and Macs.  Something offering Display PostScript output
would be nice.

Does anyone know of such a beast?  We would be very grateful for
any information.

Mark Reeve

2. GET in modeler

3. Looking for Scientific/Visualization applications generator / high level language

4. Image is flicking

5. Higher level texture manipulation algorithms?

6. Campaining for the *name* comp.graphics.development

7. High-level cross-platform API (Galaxy compatible)

8. Why in H**l is this working?!

9. high level x-based graphics software

10. High-Level Plotting Package (in C) for IBM PC

11. Platform Independent High Level Graphics Toolkits

12. High level 3D language?

13. Higher level 3D techniques?