Pantone Colors in Paintshop Pro?

Post by Rick » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 08:27:22

Any chance of getting Pantone color  palettes (Specifically 541 C) displayed
in Paint Shop Pro?

Post by Uni » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 05:25:51

> Any chance of getting Pantone color  palettes (Specifically 541 C) displayed
> in Paint Shop Pro?

I don't think so, by itself. But there are plug-ins available which may
be of interest to you:

http://www.overture.com/d/search/p/netscape/?type=topbar&Keywords=pan...

Maybe the Link Lady, Angela, has some other links.

Uni

Post by Angela M. Cabl » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 07:27:46

> Any chance of getting Pantone color  palettes (Specifically 541 C) displayed
> in Paint Shop Pro?

Pantone makes an application that converts RGB to the closest PMS.
Believe it's called Web Color or something similar. Look around their
site for it.

Looking in PhotoPaint (which does support PMS color) the closest RGB to
541C is R0 G64 B121 or C100 M51 Y0 K30.

HTH.

--
Angela M. Cable
http://www.neocognition.com

PSP Tutorial Links:
http://www.psplinks.com
5th Street Studio, free graphics, websets and more:
http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/alaia/354/

Post by Kris Zaklik » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 07:48:44

> Any chance of getting Pantone color  palettes (Specifically 541 C) displayed
> in Paint Shop Pro?

http://www.pantone.com/products/products.asp?idSubArea=0&idArea=2&idP...
http://www.pantone.com/products/products.asp?idSubArea=0&idArea=2&idP...

Kris Zaklika              Jasc Software, Inc.                   The

Post by Mark Johnso » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 15:10:30

>Any chance of getting Pantone color  palettes (Specifically 541 C) displayed
>in Paint Shop Pro?

Just the obvious, here, but if you know what the reference looks like
as you intend to print, fine. You just need a conversion, and can see
how close it comes. But you really can't use your monitor as a color
reference, I would think, if you haven't tried the color, before.
You'd need the paper (or whatever) Pantone sample books.

------== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Ulimited downloads - 19 servers ==-----

1. Pantone * CV colors = PMS * colors...?

Hello,

  I need to know the interrelationship between Pantone colors.

  To bgein with, are PMS colors the same as the CV colors, like used in the
FreeHand 3.1 color picker?

  Also, is there any relationship/formula for figuring out PMS/CV Process
colors? (I notice the numbers don't quite correspond...)

This is what happened, BTW; On the logo sheet for a particular company, it
gives a PMS number. I enter this in the CV box in FreeHand. However, the final
output turn purple instead of blue. Any ideas, aside from alignment?

Michael W.

Michael Welch                                                     405.447.8149

______"I used to dream and I used to vow...I wouldn't dream of it now"-M______

2. Draw img with points

3. QMS plotmaster colors & pantone colors

4. Animated Fly-Through of 3-D Terrain

5. Convert Pantone colors to web colors

6. Normal to a line

7. Resizing screen captures to create gifs in Paintshop Pro

8. How was THIS done?

9. Paintshop Pro opinions

10. PAINTSHOP PRO - Put away your crayons!

11. Any PaintShop Pro group ?

12. Paintshop Pro Toolbars

13. getting more than one image to open inside Paintshop Pro