Looking for EGA/VGA ray traced images

Post by Scott Wiesn » Tue, 02 Jan 1990 17:54:00

I'm looking for any nice ray traced images people might have for PC's using
an EGA or (even better) VGA display.  I realize the EGA display might limit
things with only 16 colors, but maybe the VGA's mode 0x13 with 256 colors
allows some nice imaging?

(Of course, a program to create and/or display such images would also be nice.)

Thanks,

Scott Wiesner

{hao, ut-sally, ism780c, cgosgd}!ico!scottw

1. displaying EGA and VGA images

I am looking for advice on how to call EGA and VGA images
up on the screen.  Forays through the manuals and book
stores have been less than successful.

Specifically, I'd like to have some code examples in
BASIC and C of how to load EGA and VGA images from files
to the screen.  I'd also like to know "which" file formats
are the best to use.  There seem to be a lot of different
ways to save images invented by different graphics packages.

Please post to the net ...

               Thanks!
                  John Girard
                  {ihnp4,cbosgd,pyramid}ptsfa!jeg
                  415-823-1961

2. "Painting" with transparency in layers mode

3. setting powerup EGA/VGA text mode without BIOS

4. ***HELP-NEED INFO ON POWER PRO***

5. color problem EGA-VGA

6. Graphics: Human Factors - Opinions & Info Wanted

7. Problem: 16 colors VGA -> EGA

8. Romulus Predator

9. looking for a good place to learn ray-tracing

10. Looking for a fast ray tracing architecture...

11. Looking for copy of: Ray Tracing Creations

12. Looking for a website with good Ray Tracing info

13. Looking for public domain Ray Tracing program.....