9" Colour RGB monitor source wanted

Post by Larry Williams » Tue, 02 Jan 1990 17:29:00

I am having a difficult time locating a source of 9" colour rgb
monitors. I have found a couple of sources or 9" colour composite
monitors, but I must have rgb inputs.

Both sync-on-green and a seperate sync input should be available.

Does anyone know of a company that makes such a monitor. I've talked
to Princeton, Electrohome, and a couple of local distributers, but
they all say the same thing, "We've got this lovely 12" monitor that..."

If a 9" rgb monitor is not available, then I may have to locate a
device that will convert rgb signals to composite.  Any pointers to
such a device would be welcome

Thanks,
    Larry
--
Larry Williamson  -- Focus Systems -- Waterloo, Ontario
                  watmath!focsys!larry  (519) 746-4918

Post by Larry Williams » Fri, 02 Feb 1990 17:27:00

>I am having a difficult time locating a source of 9" colour rgb monitors.

I received a couple of replies that sent me searching.

Someone suggested that I contact a Sony rep and *insist* that he sell me
a CPD9000.  I was told that I would have to tell the rep the model
number or else he would deny that Sony made any such monitor.

This is *exactly* what happened! I asked the rep about 9" colour
monitors in general, and he said that Sony does not make any.  Then in
the next sentence I asked about the CPD9000.  The reply was "Oh, a 9"
colour monitor! Hmmm."

The monitor will work with computer and videotex units with RGB outputs
and with CGA (not EGA or VGA) type IBM-PC display cards.

I would not suggest that one use this monitor for a normal computer
console. The text quality is (due to the cga card) quite poor. But
for a menu driven operator screen it is quite good. For image display,
the image is excellent. Extremely sharp.

Regards,
    Larry

--
Larry Williamson  -- Focus Systems -- Waterloo, Ontario
                  watmath!focsys!larry  (519) 746-4918

1. WANTED-13" RGB Monitor

I would like to purchase a 13" RGB Monitor (for use on an LC III)

Columbus, Ohio

--
Boy this Cyber-stuff sure beats snail mail!
Anonymous-1996

Visit the Lizard's Lair.. http://www.netwalk.com/~lizard

            \\\||||///
            (. O  O .)
=======.oooO===(..)===Oooo.========
               """"

2. more tics for shorter x axis?

3. 19", 20", 21" monitor wanted

4. advice wanted: changing black/white to blue/white

5. FS Sony 20" trinitron tube colour monitor

6. How to Use tcanvas.cliprect

7. Colour dithering algorithm/source code wanted

8. Convert .pm5 file

9. FS: Mac Centris650CD/16" RGB monitor

10. WANTED: Source for converting from xwd or IRIS rgb to rle format

11. *** WANTED : Info. on Tandy's RGB monitor ***

12. Wanted Apple 16" Monitor