Indigo2 XZ vs PI

Post by Pete Husema » Sun, 30 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me roughly how much better, in terms of general
graphics speed (GL apps), that an Indigo2 XZ (100 mhz r4000)
would be compared to a PI, Turbo Z buffered (36 mhz r3000)
or Indigo w/z buffer (33 mhz r3000), all with similar
memory (64 mbytes).
Thanks!

--
Pete Huseman
Phone: (303) 971-6284 Fax: (303) 977-5853

Web: http://liszt.den.mmc.com/docs/aero/aero.html

1. Indigo2 XZ vs pc (linux) graphics

Hi,
I know that I'm asking for all kinds of wild generalizations here, but I

need to know which would be faster- my Indigo2 XZ with GR3-Elan
graphics, or my generic PIII with a new graphics card costing $100-
$200 (recomendations welcome) running linux.  The applications I'm
concerned about are simple ones that I have written for X, mostly using
XDrawPoint, XDrawString, etc., so no major optimizations or such, and
portability is not an issue.
Random speculation is welcome, and I know that there are other SGI's
that will blow away the graphics on any pc, but this isn't one of them.
No 'holy wars' please.  Answers like 'xxx will spank your Elan' are ok,
but more detailed responses are welcome too!

Thanks,
Mike

2. handling scaleorientation

3. Newbie Indigo2 XZ issues, or better, questions

4. Triple Buffering in software

5. Q:Change the resolution on a XZ grephics board (Indigo2)

6. Rotating a vector object

7. Indigo2 XZ Graphics

8. grouped layers

9. What sale value for a minimal Indigo2 XZ

10. Q: Indigo2 XZ graphics card ...

11. FS Indigo2 200 MHz XZ Graphics

12. Indigo2 XZ stereo video modes

13. Stereo on Indigo2 with XZ - how ?