New to BMRT, new to Maya

Post by gt.. » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Sorry if this is a repost, but I'm having a * of a time getting
Maya and BMRT to play together. Any tips?

Cheers,
Greg

Before you buy.

New to BMRT, new to Maya

Post by Stephen H. West » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Sorry if this is a repost, but I'm having a * of a time getting
> Maya and BMRT to play together. Any tips?

Probably nothing useful until you give us some more information. How
are you getting geometry from Maya to RIB? The plugin supplied with
Maya is known to have significant limitations. What problems are you
seeing? Crashes? Black images?

--
-Stephen H. Westin

New to BMRT, new to Maya

Post by James P Crombi » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Switch to Rhinocad :-)  They have intergrated it into rhino nicely,
including a windows installer for BMRT that sets up your bat file,  for
the seriously DOS-challenged like myself.

> Sorry if this is a repost, but I'm having a * of a time getting
> Maya and BMRT to play together. Any tips?

> Cheers,
> Greg

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.veryComputer.com/
> Before you buy.

James P Crombie
Summerside, Prince Edward Island
Canada
Machinist - Amateur Astronomer - CadCam Guy

http://www.veryComputer.com/~jpcrombie        My Astronomy website
http://www.veryComputer.com/~jpcrombie/rhino/ My RhinoCad web page

1. New to Maya, New Year, New machine!

Dear All,

I have decided to move to Maya in 2003. I am still using a pair of PIII 733Mhz
boxes I built and need something faster (Although the OpenGL in PLE is much
faster than LightWave)

First off, I know a couple of animation houses that use SGI gear for scene
creation and PCs for rendering. I want something that will not crash for
content creation so UNIX IS the way ahead. Would I be completely mad getting an
R10000 based Indigo2 or Octane to run Maya on or would I be better off with an
Apple?

Secondly, for now I need faster PC so what hardware would you recommend?
Intel or Athlon?
If Intel, Single P4 or Dual Xeon?
DDR-RAM or RAMBus?
Which graphics card?

I was looking at the ATI FireGL X1 card at 3December with it's 128 floating
point maths. The demo I saw featured what looked like finished HDRI animation
but in real time. Also, what about GeForce FX?

Mucho Thanko to Alias for releasing PLE - now get MentalRay incorperated into
Maya!

Happy Christmas!

Richard :o)

2. Intergraph 3D Wildcat 4100 vs HP Visualize fx6

3. NEW NEW NEW NEW

4. ImageStyler - Generates bad code?

5. new new new new

6. Animating Letters within a Word?

7. new book on maya 4 // neues buch zu maya 4

8. BRYCE: clueless newbie question about background rendering

9. New Year, New PC, New Error Message

10. New Challenge, New Art, New Tutorial

11. New site layout, new images, new mirrors

12. New Challenge, New Art, New Tutorial

13. BMRT 2.6 (windows) and new web site