Extract sub-picture from bmp picture

Post by Daniel Mass » Sat, 22 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I would like to be able to extract sub-picture from a original "bmp"
picture.

Exemple:
  If i have a 320X200 bmp picture, i would like to extract just the
center of this picture. This should give me a little picture of
100X100.

I'am already able to do it online with paintbrush "gui" interface, but i
would like to be able to it with a little batch program or a little
batch
utility. Thank's for your help.

--
Daniel Masse
Ville de quebec

Post by Steve Bennet » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> I would like to be able to extract sub-picture from a original "bmp"
> picture.

> Exemple:
>   If i have a 320X200 bmp picture, i would like to extract just the
> center of this picture. This should give me a little picture of
> 100X100.

> I'am already able to do it online with paintbrush "gui" interface, but i
> would like to be able to it with a little batch program or a little
> batch
> utility. Thank's for your help.

> --
> Daniel Masse
> Ville de quebec

I use a macro to do repetitive tasks in programs that I can't run in
dos... it's tricky to set up the macro but really worth it... I will
have usually about 30 frames or so of an animation in one directory,
with the same task to perform on each bitmap.  I always name them
sequentially, so I perform the task with macro recorder going.
(CAREFULLY) then that is the last dang time I have to do it by hand...
hope this helps. The little macro recorder that ships with windows works
fine, but there are all kinds out there. And I have to assume you are
using windows.
--
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^^~^~^~^~^~^~^~SDB~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
                        Yours Sincerely

Extract sub-picture from bmp picture

Post by Gre » Fri, 28 Mar 1997 04:00:00

[This followup was posted to comp.graphics.misc and a copy was sent to
the cited author.]

> I would like to be able to extract sub-picture from a original "bmp"
> picture.

> Exemple:
>   If i have a 320X200 bmp picture, i would like to extract just the
> center of this picture. This should give me a little picture of
> 100X100.

> I'am already able to do it online with paintbrush "gui" interface, but i
> would like to be able to it with a little batch program or a little
> batch
> utility. Thank's for your help.

> --
> Daniel Masse
> Ville de quebec

LVIewPro (available for download from http://www.stroud.com ) will do
that very easily... you simply specify an area with the mouse, cut and
paste to a new file... simple.

--
Grey
XARA Fan