MS Explorer 3.0 request

Post by John Jesmer » Thu, 15 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Please, would you be kind enough to send me an e-mail
with Microsoft Explorer 3.0 attached? Thank you very much. -John

1. MAJOR BUG IN MS EXPLORER 3 BETA 2!!!

Users Beware:

There is a major bug in the latest version of Explorer 3 beta 2!!!

In the latest release of Explorer, Microsoft has updated the
COMDLG32.DLL file in the Windows/System directory. By
doing this they have destroyed the dockable toolbars in many
Windows 95 applications including their own Active X Control
Pad. This bug also affects Windows 95 applications that rely
on COMDLG32.DLL for repainting dockable toolbars, such
as Paint Shop Pro 4.0, etc...

When contacted, Microsoft's response was "well, Explorer 3
beta 2 is a *BETA* version". Not an acceptable answer, since
this *BETA* version has rewritten vital Windows 95 libraries.

To fix this you must find an older copy of COMDLG32.DLL and
from a DOS boot replace the existing one with the older version.
After this is done, the problem is fixed, but Explorer 3 beta 2 will
no longer run.

Explorer 3 has left my desktop, maybe for good if this is the
behavior we can expect from it. Netscape, in all it's beta's,
has never done something as callous as rewriting vital
Windows system libraries!!!

Are you listening Explorer development team?!?!?

JL

2. SIGGRAPH

3. MS Explorer Question

4. Virtual Cards Volunteering - Anybody?

5. Q: Disappearing Images in MS Explorer 4.5

6. How many DPI for Web; 72? 96?

7. Conflict w/ MS Internet Explorer

8. Keyframe magazine......

9. MS Internet Explorer

10. KPT Texture Explorer 3.0 not seamless?

11. KPT 3.0 Texture Explorer

12. Final Release of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 3.0