Porting-Problem WIN-NT-OpenGL to SGI-IRIX-OpenGL

Porting-Problem WIN-NT-OpenGL to SGI-IRIX-OpenGL

Post by Mark Hansoh » Fri, 01 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I have a problem porting a WinNT-OpenGL-Program to to IRIX 6.2.

I wrote a program under WinNT displaying a solid cylinder (generated
with gluCylinder..) with a transparent ring (gluDisk...) around it in-
cluding a single lightsource.

When I tried to port the code to IRIX 6.2, the rendering isn't done
correct anymore. The cylinder seems to be clipped (only the inside of
the cylinder is drawn.) and the cylinder also seems to be transparent,
although GL_BLEND is disabled when rendering the cylinder.

Are there any differences between the Windows-OpenGL-Implementation
and the OpenGL-Implementation on SGI-Machines ?
I'm working on a ONYX Reality Station (Graphics: RealityEngine 2) with
IRIX 6.2 .

        Mark

Porting-Problem WIN-NT-OpenGL to SGI-IRIX-OpenGL

Post by Allen Ak » Tue, 05 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Your description is a little too brief for me to understand the
problem.  If you have a short example program that demonstrates
it, please email it to me and I'll take a look.

Allen

1. Porting-Problem WIN-NT-OpenGL to SGI-IRIX-OpenGL

I have a problem porting a WinNT-OpenGL-Program to to IRIX 6.2.

I wrote a program under WinNT displaying a solid cylinder (generated
with gluCylinder..) with a transparent ring (gluDisk...) around it in-
cluding a single lightsource.

When I tried to port the code to IRIX 6.2, the rendering isn't done
correct anymore. The cylinder seems to be clipped (only the inside of
the cylinder is drawn.) and the cylinder also seems to be transparent,
although GL_BLEND is disabled when rendering the cylinder.

Are there any differences between the Windows-OpenGL-Implementation
and the OpenGL-Implementation on SGI-Machines ?
I'm working on a ONYX Reality Station (Graphics: RealityEngine 2) with
IRIX 6.2 .

        Mark

2. Why doesn't this work? - z-depth problem

3. Problem porting X application from IRIX 5.3 to IRIX 6.4

4. Why Max 4 will destroy Maya 3

5. Performance problems porting from SGI O2 to NT

6. Help needed

7. VTK and Win NT/98 OpenGL problems

8. OPENGL problem in WIN NT 4.0

9. SGI OpenGL Performer for Win problem

10. OpenGL NT 3.51 app won't work under NT 4.0