Edges in a pasted selection

Post by Mate » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi group.
How can i avoid those unnatural edges that appear when you copy a selection
from an image, and paste it on another image.
Thanks a lot.

Edges in a pasted selection

Post by Jim Kearma » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Use "feather" or manually erase around the edges of the image you are
copying before copying it, using a low 'hardness' setting on the eraser.

Quote:> Hi group.
> How can i avoid those unnatural edges that appear when you copy a
selection
> from an image, and paste it on another image.
> Thanks a lot.

Edges in a pasted selection

Post by Ronald Vic » Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi group.
>How can i avoid those unnatural edges that appear when you copy a selection
>from an image, and paste it on another image.
>Thanks a lot.

Before making the selection, turn the Anti-alias On, in the tool
option box.

If that's not enough, use the feathering, but be aware of the fact
that feathering eats into the edge detail considerably.  Use as little
as possible.

Jaggiemeister Ron- PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter, Executive Officer.
Great Beginner info at http://www.jasc-canada-psp-edu.com
FAQs at http://www.alphageo.com/psp/faq.html
Very FAQ at http://members.aol.com/psptopten/topten.html
My tips at http://hometown.aol.com/ronaldlvick/index.html

1. Converting hue to opacity (psp7.04) in pasted selection

Hi,

this is probably an easy one for you gurus out there!

I've got a (modern) aerial photo of an old wartime site here (which is
a pretty large image) and a greyscale surface plan of the site as it
was back in the 1940's (which is of much smaller dimensions). What I
want to do is overlay the surface plan on the aerial photo, so I can
see where the missing structures etc. would once have been (with some
scaling and slight rotating the plan fits exactly)

Problem is the plan is a bad scan (from an unknown source) at best and
so is quite fuzzy (playing around with contrast, dilate etc. doesn't
do much for it), and a straight transparent paste of course gives
nasty thick lines everywhere (where the centre of the line is quite
dark, fading to almost-white at the edges).

What I want to ideally do is use the hue (in this case grey value) of
each pixel in the scaled plan to dictate some sort of transformation
to the corresponding pixels on the aerial photo when the plan is
pasted onto it (darken the pixels, or change their own hue etc.) - eg.
a value of (rgb) #202020 in the plan would darken pixels in the aerial
photo by x amount, but a value of #dddddd would result in x being much
smaller.

any ideas if there's a way to do this? I'm sure there is -
unfortunately a simple transparent paste is an 'on or off' thing and
not graduated! Only alternative is for me to print the plan, trace it
manually, then scan it back in which will work but is quite
time-consuming.

cheers,

Jules

2. PC vs. SGI

3. Transforming copied selections after pasting into a new picture

4. JPEG "Transparent" Property

5. Cut and paste selection OUTLINE??

6. Xtreme Games Developers Conference

7. paste into selection...

8. how to write a TChart into a jpg file ?

9. PSP5 - Paste resizes the selection?

10. How to paste selections not loosing their position

11. pasting into a selection

12. How can I Copy-Paste selection to Director

13. LASSO...copy /paste (selection jumps and blurrs)...