Problems with installing a matrox MGA card on PC-VL bus

Problems with installing a matrox MGA card on PC-VL bus

Post by Anders Nattest » Sat, 18 Sep 1993 22:23:34

Hi all,

I am having a lot of problems with installing a Matrox MGA impression 3 Mb
VL on a 486 with AMI bios and dos 6.

I seems to be a memory conflict. I tried running 386Max 7.0, but this
conflicts with the RAMBIOS.SYS from Matrox and with this the MGA controller
does not seem to work. The manual say that the rambios is the same as
shadowing in the ami bios, but enabling shadowing in the ami bios results
in, that the card is either not accessible or not working at all - with a
blank screen as result.

Does anyone have any suggestions or hints as to where to proceed.

Is Matrox in the internet - by mail - by ftp ??

Please mail me directly and I will post the result. Please advice if the
newsgroup is not appropiate.

Anders Nattestad, DDS, Ph.D, Dep. of *and Maxillo* Surgery
Dental School,  Faculty of Health Science, University of Copenhagen
Norre Alle 20, Copenhagen, Denmark, Ph.+4535326618, Fax +4535326625