- Alert.JPG (1/1) AVI->Quicktime problem (JPG Attached)

- Alert.JPG (1/1) AVI->Quicktime problem (JPG Attached)

Post by .\\art » Tue, 12 Nov 1996 04:00:00

BEGIN -- Cut Here -- cut here
begin 644 Alert.JPG
<uuencoded_portion_removed>
1))MMRY([\JM95)=M[_(__]G5
`
end
END -- Cut Here -- cut here

Post by evilso » Thu, 14 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> BEGIN -- Cut Here -- cut here
> begin 644 Alert.JPG

Next time, just post the text of the error message - your post was -
literally - 100 times as long as it needed to be.

What the error message is saying is that you don't have the two extensions
you need to decompress .avi files.

The best solution?  Dump AVI->Quicktime converter - it hardly ever works
anyway.  Download Microsoft Internet Explorer (you heard me right, that's
the browser).  If you use it to browse the web, fine, if you use Netscape,
then don't use MIE to browse, just to open .avi files.  MIE will install
the extensions that you need and will actually play .avi files - it's the
only app for the Mac that does this reliably.  Not surprising, considering
that .avi is a proprietary (very) Microsoft movie format.

Assuming that your .avi file is even valid.  A lot of them won't even play
on MIE - which is just one of the reasons why the .avi format sucks big
time.

--
"...and wherever you fill up bandwidth for no particular reason

I notify postmasters of commercial email, which I do NOT want.

1. - Alert.JPG (0/1) AVI->Quicktime problem (JPG Attached)

Greetings,

   I've found that AVI->Quicktime works just fine about 50% of the time.
I'm in the habit of converting the files to a "Stand alone Quicktime file."

   About 50% of the time though I get the attached error message.  What am
I lacking?  What's wrong with the AVI file?  What am I doing wrong?

2. What's the latest dongle policy?

3. jpg->pict or jpg->gif converter?

4. my CAPS...

5. jpg field -> jpg FRAME converter

6. Xwindows equiv. of macro recorder?

7. Quark->EPS->JPG on the web quality problems

8. hardware accel pfd

9. AVI->JPG conversion program on UNIX

10. TGA/JPG -----> FLC/AVI converters

11. >>>Space Scene improvements required<<>>Image attached<< - SPACE2.jpg (0/1)

12. >>>Space Scene improvements required<<>>Image attached<< - SPACE2.jpg (1/1)

13. FLI->MPEG->Quicktime->AVI???