Representing a Catmull-Rom spline using NURBs ....

Representing a Catmull-Rom spline using NURBs ....

Post by Robert Speran » Mon, 07 Dec 1992 14:43:57

        Hi everyone.  I was wondering if someone could tell me whether a
Catmull-Rom spline could be represented by an equivalent NURB.  I have a NURB-
based modeller I am writing but I am currently using Catmull-Rom splines for
paths and would like to change hem to NURBs.  If anybody can help, it will
be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  E-mail replies can be sent to any of the
following addresses:

All mail gets forwarded to the third address.  Thanks again.

        Rob Speranza

Representing a Catmull-Rom spline using NURBs ....

Post by aaron cammarata ` » Tue, 08 Dec 1992 04:08:26

        I tried mailing you at all three addresses you listed, and they all
bounced.  I also can't traceroute to any of the hosts you listed, which
explains why mail bounces.
        About the spline question you had: I'm afriad this is a request, not
an answer.  I'm working on an animation in Renderman, and I'd like
to use splines for camera motion.  You said you're using C-R splines for
paths in your animation, and that sounds like what I need.  I don't really
want to reinvent the wheel, so if you could mail me a copy of your spline
function, I'd REALLY appreciate it.  I need a function to take a 3-D spline
and an integer 0<=t<=1 that will return a point in 3-D along the spline.
                        Thanks in advance,

--

                                        Aaron

  B4ILUVU, UCT, RU   |         Anyone who says differently is selling something."
                18   |                     "The Princess Bride"
Ruler and King of the Mighty Hafturland, which until so recently was
the home of the knights who until so recently said "Neet!", but who
now say "Ekki ekki ekki patang zoomfoisenhouse..."

1. Catmull-Rom or Hermite Splines Using GL Evaluators

Hi,

    I'm trying to use the OPenGl evaluator to generate a 3-d surface
that interpolates all my data points.  Consequently, I'm trying to
use either Hermite or Catmull-Rom splines.
   I need to know how to convert my basis to a Bezier basis (which is
what GL evaluators use).

Mike

Michael J. Sinasac, B.A.Sc.                                  M. Eng. Student
NeuroImaging Lab                        Department of Electrical Engineering
Montreal Neurological Institute                            McGill University

2. JEPG/MPEG

3. keyframing using catmull-rom splines

4. showing graphics in browser??

5. CatMull-Rom splines

6. MINIMAL RAY TRACER PROGRAMMING CONTEST

7. Help Catmull-Rom splines

8. Capture the screen very fast through code?

9. NEWBIE question- catmull -rom spline implementation.

10. catmull-rom spline questions

11. Catmull-Rom Spline tangents

12. Catmull-Rom spline subdivision

13. Bounding box of a Catmull Rom spline