PD CAD package for PD Raytracers under UNIX/X11

PD CAD package for PD Raytracers under UNIX/X11

Post by Shaun Low » Thu, 02 Jun 1994 18:56:43

I'm looking for a public domain or shareware CAD package that runs on
UNIX/X11 and can dump output for a public domain or shareware
raytracing package such as rayshade or povray.  I've waded through the
resource list, and played with X3D, Xmgf and IRIT, but none of these
are quite what I'm looking for - I can't interactively edit a scene
from the GUI.

Does anyone know of such a package?

        Shaun.

--
"I was in Camberwell when I invented it, and it looks like a carrot."

                -- "Danny" in Withnail & I

1. PD UNIX X drawing package wanted

This is a big "ask" I expect - does anyone know of a software
tool for doing drawings (in the style of Macdraw or Corel) that
will run under Unix/X?

Any of these public domain?

Thanks,  Tas

Dr. Tas van Ommen
Glaciology Section
Australian Antarctic Division & Antarctic CRC

University of Tasmania        Phone:         (002) 20 2981
GPO Box 252C, Hobart          Fax:           (002) 20 2902
Tasmania 7001, AUSTRALIA      International: (+61-02) 20 2981
Dr. Tas van Ommen
Glaciology Section
Australian Antarctic Division & Antarctic CRC

2. Object Space Algorithms for Image Rendering

3. PD Releases: 4D Wireframe Viewer and 4D Raytracer

4. Information Exploration Shootout

5. PD raytracers w/ diffuse?

6. where can i get adobe & protools for free?(HELP)

7. Good P.D. Raytracers

8. deriving values from transformation matrix

9. Commercial or PD Raytracers w/GUI

10. FTP sites for PD raytracers and modelers.

11. 4-D PD PC Raytracer by FTP?

12. Shareware/PD DXF 3d-CAD?

13. WANTED: PD cad-like interface for renderers