FLI->MPEG->Quicktime->AVI???

Post by T. Lee Kidwel » Sat, 22 Jul 1995 04:00:00

James, the AVI editor that comes with Video For Windows will read in FLIs
and then spit the out as AVI I believe. It's been a while since I did
this but I am pretty sure it works.

If that doesn't work, you can spit out the FLI as numbered .bmp files
using NUMPIC with AutoAnimator Pro and then read them into the AVI
editor.

T. Lee Kidwell

Communication & Exhibition Services

FLI->MPEG->Quicktime->AVI???

Post by James Whit » Sat, 22 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I need to convert a FLI (created with 3D Studio) to either AVI or MPEG
for Windows OR Quicktime for Mac. It is an animation I'd REALLY like to
put in a Director movie. The conversion can be in any roundabout way in
DOS, OS/2, Windows, or Mac. Any help is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

JW

FLI->MPEG->Quicktime->AVI???

Post by Margaret in Cyberspac » Sun, 23 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I need to convert a FLI (created with 3D Studio) to either AVI or MPEG
>for Windows OR Quicktime for Mac. It is an animation I'd REALLY like to
>put in a Director movie. The conversion can be in any roundabout way in
>DOS, OS/2, Windows, or Mac. Any help is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

>JW

Hi,

Video for Windows has already been mentioned. I have also used another way
to convert 3D Studio Keyframer output to MPEG:

- instead of generating flic file, generate a sequence of 16 or 24-bit TGA
images in 3D Studio

- use CMPEG utility to create an MPEG file from TGA sequence

Hope this helps,
Margaret

--
***********************
Margaret in *space:

FLI->MPEG->Quicktime->AVI???

Post by Alchemy Mindworks In » Thu, 27 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>I need to convert a FLI (created with 3D Studio) to either AVI or MPEG
>for Windows OR Quicktime for Mac. It is an animation I'd REALLY like to
>put in a Director movie. The conversion can be in any roundabout way in
>DOS, OS/2, Windows, or Mac. Any help is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

>JW

You might want to have a look at Graphic Workshop for Windows. It will do
FLI to AVI. It's at our FTP site and WWW page, listed below. Note that you
will need Video for Windows 1.1 installed to do this... get in touch with
me if you can't find it.

-Steve

Alchemy Mindworks Inc. -- Since the earth was flat
Download the latest versions of Graphic Workshop, Pagan Daybook,
Desktop Paint and our other applications from our FTP site at
uunorth.north.net, in the directory /pub/alchemy.
Mirror at ftp.rose.com in the directory /pub/alchemy
WWW page at http://uunorth.north.net:8000/alchemy/html/alchemy.html

1. FLI->MPEG->Quicktime->AVI???

James, the AVI editor that comes with Video For Windows will read in FLIs
and then spit the out as AVI I believe. It's been a while since I did
this but I am pretty sure it works.

If that doesn't work, you can spit out the FLI as numbered .bmp files
using NUMPIC with AutoAnimator Pro and then read them into the AVI
editor.

T. Lee Kidwell

Communication & Exhibition Services

2. Screamernet Question

3. HELP PLEASE Need AVI >>>>>>>>>>>> FLI

4. a box with rounded corners

5. ***NEED HELP**** AVI >>>>>>>>>>> FLI

6. Batch Render

8. Color Radient

9. Need Help ***** AVI >>>>>>>> FLI

10. another way of explaining this>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

11. Operating Systems >>>>>>>>>>>>>

12. animated gifs >>>> avi